Re: Sims delaying to wash the dishes after meals.

by wallaosg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims delaying to wash the dishes after meals

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After the sims meals.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time some Sims group/family eat together on a countertop in the kitchen or at the table, a sim finishes eating first and after that he picks up the other Sims' dishes that have finished eating to wash in the sink or the machine, only that instead of going to wash the dishes, he stands holding the dirty dishes and does not put to wash, sometimes even broad the dishes on the floor or elsewhere and does not wash. I have noticed another problem in this time of delay, sometimes with very great delay the dishes end up turning a dark burnt powder. I do not know why this powder appears since it did not burn or set it on fire.
What do you expect to see? I hope they fix this annoying problem.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared along with update before the release of The Sims 4 Seasons.

Every time some Sims group/family eat together on a countertop in the kitchen or at the table, a sim finishes eating first and after that he picks up the other Sims' dishes that have finished eating to wash in the sink or the machine, only that instead of going to wash the dishes, he stands holding the dirty dishes and does not put to wash, sometimes even broad the dishes on the floor or elsewhere and does not wash. I have noticed another problem in this time of delay, sometimes with very great delay the dishes end up turning a dark burnt powder. I do not know why this powder appears since it did not burn or set it on fire.

Message 1 of 17 (1,727 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

@crinrict @SimGuruIcarus 

Thanks for your help.
The problem has been solved in this last update, my Sims are no longer taking time to wash dirty dishes and cups after meals.

View in thread

Message 16 of 17 (1,930 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i've noticed that sometimes the delay is because other Sims are trying to get to the dishes at the same time. the game must be trying to decide who should pick them up... because the same thing happens with picking up laundry to put into the washer.
two or more Sims will have the action queued up. so far, for me, the only way to fix it is to cancel the action for one of them.

and i've also seen the dishes turning into what looks like soot/black powder after the latest patch.

Message 2 of 17 (1,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Have you tried a different household and even a different save for testing to see if it happens there too ?

Maybe try moving around some stuff as I do think as @unseenlarks said, this might just be a routing problem. Also test if it happens if you use just one or two Sims.

As for the black powder issue, that sounds odd. Might need a separate thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (1,668 Views)

Hero

@wallaosg

did you have a chance to move stuff around a bit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (1,629 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (1,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I come back to post about this problem!

I have noticed that there are some bugs in San Myshuno only in relation to the interactions of the Sims, there is a delay, but not because of a game performance problem. Every time a sim finishes a meal they stop to pick up the dish and stare at each other and do not put the dish in the sink or the dishwasher. And because of this delay a black powder appears in the place where the dish was, but the dish is in the hand of the sim. And these problems are occurring in San Myshuno. Producers urgently need to correct the problems of this world. I really like the city, but I'm going to have to end up moving my sims to another world because of those annoying bugs. My game is up to date and I've already repaired the game on Origin. I put a picture of the problem. @SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruNinja

Message 6 of 17 (1,569 Views)

Hero

Would be good to have your save also for your other issue you're currently seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (1,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict Thanks for your help, but the saves and the game files can only be sent to the producers.

Message 8 of 17 (1,528 Views)

Hero
Could you post a video then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (1,516 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @wallaosg

As you can read here, saves can be posted on this thread. So, no problem sharing your save files with Crin, she help us a LOT. Standard smile

Cheers, and happy simming! Standard smile

Message 10 of 17 (1,474 Views)