Re: Sims not eating meals they prepare

by TheSolidRequiem

Original Post

Re: Excessive cooking problem - Nov 2020

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SciaticDuke1624 

Happened to me too. However, after stopping my Sims forcefully from cooking more and making them eat what they cooked before, then restarting the game, I was not able to recreate the problem. I am not sure is it a random thing, but I will let others know if it happens again

Message 21 of 352 (5,647 Views)

Cooking loop

★ Guide

Sims who are hungry will not always get leftovers from the fridge, instead they will choose to cook something but fail to eat it when done, starting a new cooking process, when there's no counters available to dispose the food it'll do stupid things like make coffee or mix a drink.

Message 22 of 352 (5,618 Views)

Sims not eating meals they prepare

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33.202.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place sims in Asylum challenge and allow them to prepare and eat foods. The lot I am using is English Simmer Asylum (40x30 size). Sim traits -> Sim1 = Perfectionist, Erratic, Art Lover -- Sim2 = Neat, Erratic, Squeamish -- Sim3 = Erratic, Loner, Evil -- Sim4 = Good, Loner, Erratic -- Sim5 = Vegetarian, Cheerful, Erratic -- Sim6 = Romantic, Hot Headed, Erratic -- Sim7 = Paranoid, Erratic, Evil -- Sim8 = Gloomy, Erratic, Evil.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are preparing foods, but not eating what they prepare. Some foods spoil, because they're left sitting on the counter. Sims are eating things other Sims prepare, and eating quick meals after they've prepared something.
What do you expect to see? I'd like to see Sims prepare a specific meal, and eat what they prepare
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This behavior began after I installed the latest Sims 4 update

‌Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

During a 24-hour Sim day, I had 8 Sims prepare food, but not eat what they prepared.  I also saw Sims eating prepared foods they didn't cook, and leaving some food sitting on the counter until it spoiled.  During this same 24-hour period, Sims would prepare multiple meals and then eat a quick meal such as chips, crackers, or yogurt.  Not one sim prepared a specific meal and then eat it.

Here is the list of what I saw:

Sim Name Cooked Meal   Quick Meal   Result from Cooking
Sim2   Eggs & Toast       Sim walked away
Sim5       Cheese  Crackers    
Sim6       Chips    
Sim2   Grilled Cheese       Sim walked away
Sim3       Sim2's Eggs & Toast    
Sim6       Animal Crackers    
Sim2       Cereal    
Sim8   Garden salad/spoiled       Sim walked away
Sim7       Cereal    
Sim4       Sim2's grilled cheese    
Sim8   Garden salad/spoiled       Sim walked away
Sim8       Peas    
Sim2       Yogurt    
Sim5   Grilled cheese       Sim walked away
Sim5   Garden salad       Sim walked away
Sim3       Sim5's grilled cheese    
Sim7   Eggs & toast/not cooked - carried into the living room        
Sim4   Sim7's uncooked eggs & toast       Sim walked away
Sim7   Mac & cheese/not cooked - carried into the living room        
Sim1   Garden salad        
Sim7       Cereal    
Sim4   Mac & cheese       Sim walked away
Sim5   Sim7's uncooked Mac & cheese       Sim walked away
Sim1       Sim4's eggs & toast    
Sim2       Yogurt    
Sim6       Sim4's Mac & cheese    
Sim2       Sim5's Mac & cheese    
Sim8       Chips    
Sim5       PB&J sandwich    
Sim4       Cheese crackers    
Sim7   Eggs & toast       Sim walked away
Sim7       Ham & cheese sandwich  
Sim8       Yogurt    

After this 24 hour period, not only did 2 meals spoil, but I also saw 2 meals left sitting on the counter, and no one touched them.  I am attaching a PDF copy of this spreadsheet.

One workaround I found is to replace the refrigerator with a cooler

Message 23 of 352 (5,617 Views)

Re: Using bathroom sink to wash dishes and cooking food then eating something el

★★★ Apprentice

Glad I'm not the only one dealing with this. My sims won't autonomously eat available food or leftovers. There are leftovers in the fridge but he cooked something on the stove. No big deal, but then he put the cooked food on the counter and went to grill food. Put the grilled food down and went back to cook something else. If I cancel the interaction they will just keep going to cook something else unless I manually direct to eat something that's already there.

This has been pretty nonstop since I updated the latest patch yesterday.

Message 24 of 352 (5,595 Views)

Re: Using bathroom sink to wash dishes and cooking food then eating something el

Hero
@justausername9 Moved your post over to the correct thread on that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 352 (5,573 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sim can't cook

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

For me they cancel the cooking interaction once, and getting the hotpot to work is really dificult. After the interaction gets cancelled many times before starting, they randomly decide to start it.

Message 26 of 352 (5,569 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous food preparation

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Seeing this on PS4 as well. Sim is hungry, sim cooks once or twice. Then grabs a quick meal. There's leftovers in the fridge, but even clicking auto solve hunger, they queue cook or quick meals. The caterer's do it too. They start meal after meal but don't finish.

Sim Cooked a Meal then grabbed a quick meal.

The Sims™ 4_20201112162828.jpg

Caterer kept starting meals over and over

The Sims™ 4_20201110154507.jpg

Sim cooked two meals then went to grab a quick meal

The Sims™ 4_20201114200204.jpg

Message 27 of 352 (5,556 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I found what appears to be a much better workaround.  It seems the Crisponix Budget Dee-lux (both the used and new models), are bugged.  By replacing this model fridge with the Crisponix Adequate model of fridge, my reported issues have improved.  Out of 10 cooked meals, my Sims ate 9 of them.  The 10th meal was interrupted by an Erratic behavior, but I was able to drag this specific meal to the Sim. 

In the Asylum challenge, you're supposed to be using the cheapest of everything (fridge, oven, toilet), but in this case, the cheapest really does seem to be cheap.

Message 28 of 352 (5,538 Views)

Hero
@TheSolidRequiem I tested those fridges and still can't duplicate ...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 352 (5,509 Views)

Sims, food, and dishes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi everyone. I am not sure if this is a CC issue or if one of the latest patches did this, but the last few times I have played my game, once the hunger need gets into the yellow, they will make themselves food which seems normal. Problem is that they won't eat it, they will make something else over and over and then they won't eat what they just made. This will go on until I stop the interaction and make them eat something they just made. Then when they get done, they will walk across the room(like to the other end of the house) and put down the dish on a table or desk. In one household, they will walk past the kitchen to put the dish down on a table in another room. Is this normal? 

Also, when the hunger need gets into the red, they will do other interactions besides eat. They complain about it, then go off and do something else. Again, I'm wondering if this is a CC issue. 

Thanks for any info.

Message 30 of 352 (5,466 Views)