Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal instead

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL EXCEPT: Seasons, Star Wars, Backyard, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a hungry sim or visit/invite over sims that are not in your household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Autonomous excessive meal preparation and no attempts to eat cooked food.
What do you expect to see? A sim autonomously takes food it has prepared and eats it, and doesn't proceed to make 5 more meals instead.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10th 2020 patch.

The problem is excessive food preparation. Sims that I cannot control will cook and cook and cook and never autonomously eat, so they stay hungry forever, which makes them want to cook some more. Sims that I can control will attempt to enter this loop but obviously I can stop them and ask them to eat, which they can do once asked. Edit: This bug happens with microwaveable quick meals too but non-micowaveable quick meals are unaffected and can be eaten. This bug may also be related to/be the same thing as the bug in another thread about not attempting to eat leftovers.

Now, I checked Yes for mods but note I do not have any script mods, just stuff like custom accessories. There wasn't even any custom furniture placed on the lot. If nobody else has this issue I will try playing without my fancy glasses installed as a final attempt to fix but I really doubt it's the problem. I have tried repairing and deleting my localthumbcache before booting it back up again but nothing was fixed.

This is a minor problem and I am enjoying the update so far. Just makes visiting other sims very annoying.

Edit notes: Cleaned up a bit. Removed this: "I also had an issue where visitors to my apartment would keep getting water/juice/milk out of the fridge and drink it over and over again, but it might not be the same problem as they are managing to actually drink it if I don't stop them. This continued right up until they left, and I had 12+ glasses to clean up from 2 visiting sims." It was a separate unrelated bug. Go to a different thread if you have this one.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted title

Message 1 of 352 (40,441 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LL] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal instead

Hero

I have heard of making nervous purchases but never about nervous cooking… Sims however will no longer endlessly autonomously cook food and then forget about it. Food is a terrible thing to waste.

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 352 of 352 (14,439 Views)

All Replies

Re: Excessive autonomous food preparation

Hero
@Ardnaxela56 Do you have any club meetings going on ? Please do test on a game without mods.

For the water drinking, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Excessive-Water-Juice-Drinking-Patch-1-58-63-Edition/m-p/84523...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 352 (40,250 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is also happening to me on PS4 so no mods or CC.

Message 3 of 352 (40,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictOops sorry! I should have looked for the drink thread first. It was indeed to do with apartment key holders, so I've gone and me too'd that thread.

No, there were no club gatherings going on.

I tried without mods (deleted them all and deleted localthumbcache before opening the game, did not re-repair it post-mods though because it takes so long.) Initially, the game was working ok, the sim I was visiting could feed herself fine, but I lived out another day by myself and then visited a different household. The bug is still happening, this man has made 2 cooked meals and is now putting something else in the microwave without trying to eat anything that he has already made.

My theories are:

1) This is a bug that needs to "gain momentum" first and will not turn up immediately, AND/OR

2) This bug will only happen when the sim you visit is hungry before you arrive. In the first house I visited, where it worked ok, I had to stay the whole night in order to see what she would do while hungry. The second house where it is broken- the sim was hungry and trying to make food immediately.

Edit: The food prep chain was broken when he, on his 4th attempt to eat, just grabbed a non-microwaveable quick meal instead. He can eat the quick meal which means he won't be hungry and will not keep trying to cook. So that wasn't too bad. The worst case I saw was with a foodie sim who owned a grill so everything was working against her getting a quick meal- so she just kept cooking and cooking until I left.

Message 4 of 352 (40,156 Views)

Hero
@Ardnaxela56 Could you save your game at the point where it's happening and upload it to google or onedrive and PM me the link.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 352 (40,147 Views)

Cooking after food is already been cooked - After Update

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.102.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If your Sim is hungry, he/she will cook but then he/she will not eat the food that was cooked.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will continue cooking and not eat the food that was already been cooked.
What do you expect to see? Sim eating food that he cooked autonomously.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sim will continue cooking even after he just cooked.

11-12-20_5-12-10 PM.png

Message 6 of 352 (40,109 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Cooking after food is already been cooked - After Update

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ctamarti please save your game where this is happening and send me your save game (instructions in my signature)

EDIT: Tested your save. Are you sure all your mods are removed properly ? I still some left overs from a certain mod in your saves folder. Make sure to delete the localthumbcache and move those files to the desktop.

It's working fine for me. No extensive auto-cooking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 352 (40,101 Views)

Making meals bug?

★★★ Guide

Hey all,

I noticed some weird pattern after the November update. When the Sim is hungry, they start to make food (even with leftovers in the fridge), but they either do not finish making it and start something new (usually interrupted by "thinking about family member" action), or, they make the meal but do not eat that one right away like they used to, they just leave it and take cereals for example. It happened 99% of the time they started making a meal.

Female sim made the meal on the kitchen counter but then left it there and took cereals instead. This never happened before. What they made, they would instantly take after finishing and then eat it. Before this, I had three different meals started on the stove and kitchen counters.

11-12-20_6-45-44 PM.png

Message 8 of 352 (40,095 Views)

Re: Making meals bug?

Hero
@EeveeTinn Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

If not, could you please save when they do the it and send me the save. Wasn't able to duplicate on the first save I got.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 352 (40,091 Views)

Re: Making meals bug?

★★★ Guide

Hey! 

I do not use any mods/cc Standard smile

I will do that when I see it happen again (although I hope it won't, would make it easier for all of us 😅😂)

Message 10 of 352 (40,079 Views)