Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

by TheRenBen

Original Post

Sims Forget the Meal they just (half-)prepared and get new food autonomously.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Except Cats and Dogs and Snowy Escape Game Packs: All Except Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, and Spa Day Stuff Packs: Only Laundry Day, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Kids Room, Kits: None Free Packs: Holiday Celebration Packs, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a Sim to Create a meal until they are interrupted by AI Events, they sit their meal or half-finished meal on the counter/table, then without eating it go back to the fridge to grab another meal instead of going back to their original meal.
What happens when the bug occurs? They "forget" they just got a meal and/or prepared it without eating it.
What do you expect to see? They autonomously go back for the meal they just prepped before going to the fridge to make a new one and/or they do not waste food by leaving it uneaten.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have nothing further to add to the above information.

@LeissaMyst It may be worth noting that cheetah speed (or whatever they're calling the three forwards arrows now) may be exacerbating the problem.

[Admin - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 311 of 352 (1,141 Views)

Re: Sims Forget the Meal they just (half-)prepared and get new food autonomously

Hero
@LeissaMyst Merging this with the main food thread although you say they don't fully cook for you.

This may also play in the issue for you so you might wanna click me too on this thread as well: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-don-t-autonomously-eat-left-overs/td-p/972579...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 312 of 352 (1,128 Views)

Re: Sims Forget the Meal they just (half-)prepared and get new food autonomously

★★★★★ Apprentice
The only way to work around this is to use a mod that lets you cheat by making their hunger static and kept full.

Sims eat and sims sleep, then they interact with the world around them when not doing those two core things and they will stop doing anything else when they are hungry or sleepy enough. They will also destroy any and all relationships they have from being hungry because of the Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde hangry state. This is game breaking. They do none of the other parts of the game because they are starving to death while drowning in food and obsessed with cooking even more of it.

This has been since at least November and it was not in the patch today.
Message 313 of 352 (1,097 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I used MC Tuner to forbid any fridge, stove, grill, or cauldron interactions that weren't "get leftovers."  Oddly effective.  Wink

Honestly, the endless cooking and cooking and cooking and cooking and then eating chips is bad enough (ew), but I was driven to distraction by my merman with the Child of the Ocean trait constantly trying to autonomously make tuna casserole.  If he actually ATE that, he'd cry AND get the "stomach squall" nauseated moodlet.  Of course, he probably wouldn't and would instead eat chips (grrrr) and would leave FISH FRIEND!!!!!!! to rot on the counter, but...

I try very hard to accommodate his dietary restrictions (oy!) and don't appreciate him autonomously trying to make himself sick and sad!

Message 314 of 352 (1,070 Views)

★★ Pro
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Yeah, this is one of those bugs that should have been fixed months ago because it is really and truly game-breaking.
Message 315 of 352 (1,066 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★ Novice

Checked the patch notes, still no sign of a fix, guess i'll go play Skyrim smh

Message 316 of 352 (1,021 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

WHY IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM BROO. My sims have been non stop cooking for what feels like forever. 

Message 317 of 352 (883 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@missyy1616Almost a thousand people have reported this as a bug. So multiply that by the number of people who bought the game and just think it's the way the game works, didn't know it was a bug, and gave up on it. That is so sad.

I am sure that 100% of the people who have bought this game are experiencing this bug. And it is game-breaking. And that is also sad.

Message 318 of 352 (844 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just had one that I hadn't seen before (am still having the 'forgot meal' issue). While my sim was cooking, she stopped, took food out of her inventory and started eating. Initially, I thought this was because she was hungry (would still be odd though), but she did it two more times with her hunger meter full. 

Message 319 of 352 (810 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous food preparation

★ Guide
@IngeJones ive had to change the way i play and make families because of this bug. not fun at all
Message 320 of 352 (761 Views)