Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

by wildrideuk

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★★★ Novice

So no progress whatsoever on this bug? literally this is unplayable.

Message 291 of 352 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well had a look around and found a mod that appears to have resolved this for myself. Actually found it through Crinrict's Help Blog. But theres a mod "Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fixes" by Galactrix that seems to have resolved this for me. At least I loaded a save where they were making 5 meals between 2 sims before grabbing snacks. After mod they made 1 meal and everyone ate that.

Now just in case it plays a factor I also have LittleMsSims "Prefer Leftovers" Mod, but this did not resolve the issue before the mod above, only mentioning in case for some reason they magically work together to fix it.

Edit: Ok on further testing this is not the holy grail, worked for awhile in a game I was playing before (4hours of playtime), restarted with new sims today and while the 1st time things worked as intended the next day they were back to their cooking madness.

Message 292 of 352 (938 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't even own the eco lifestyle pack and I'm getting this bug, should I still install the mod you suggested?

Message 293 of 352 (918 Views)

★ Guide
@TheRenBen I would try it.. EA have a habit of adding code into the base code for the expansions. ie if you used a mod tool you will find all the jobs in all expansions referenced even if you just have the base game.

If it causes problems mods are not hard to remove.
Message 294 of 352 (891 Views)

★★ Novice

This is so annoying. Just came back to the game and have no idea why my sims is making so much half foods and whole dishes, without eating them. I play with no mods, so thats not why Frown

Message 295 of 352 (881 Views)

Re: Excessive autonomous food preparation

★★★ Newbie

I play on ps4 as well and this has been happening for a while they will cook a meal and then immediately start to cook another meal and won’t eat any of them and go and get a quick meal or eat one of the many many things they have already made. Sometimes they will start a meal and not finish it and then I have a bunch of unfinished meals all over my kitchen and dinning table.

Message 296 of 352 (864 Views)

Re: Excessive autonomous food preparation

★ Apprentice

I feel bad for you that console is does not support mods Frown Glad I switched to pc.

Message 297 of 352 (784 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

5 months later...... Still unplayable.

No CC "fixes" I've tried has worked for this bug, unfortunately.

Message 298 of 352 (737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well on PC, I don't think it's related to any one expansion looking over the posts in this thread, it seems to be some change that's effecting the base game. Disappointing to see the problem's been with us so long.

Message 299 of 352 (684 Views)

★★ Guide

The only work around ive got so far is to delete all the fridges/grills etc. and just place one of the buffet tables down (I can’t remember what packs they’re from, I think one is from luxury party stuff) and then I just conjure a roast chicken and everyone eats that cos it’s the only thing there. Although it does make for a weird breakfast 😂

Message 300 of 352 (613 Views)