Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

by Ar5ynal

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★★ Apprentice

I second this.

Message 281 of 352 (1,218 Views)

★★ Pro
@Darnellcotez I third!
Message 282 of 352 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

fourth here.

This is one of the most immersion breaking bug for me. I can't safely leave my sims alone and enjoy watching them do things autonomously at this point. I feel like this should have been the highest priority of all laundry out there.

Message 283 of 352 (1,135 Views)

★★ Pro
@funnyhamtaro Yeah, me too.The obsessive cooking over and over, and not eating is a major gamebreaking issue.

Instead, we get a fix for vegetarians so that they won't get non-vegetarian stuff out of the fridge.

And now I'm having problems with Sims not cleaning out spoiled food before eating leftovers and consequently getting sick.
Message 284 of 352 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Guide

I always thought that starving to death while cooking is by design since Alex Moyer, the default roommate you get in the tutorial, does it every time. Sorry, just being sarcastic. Party hat

Message 285 of 352 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having this issue for months now, hoping it would get resolved quickly. But it only seems to get worse. I've even gone as far as starting a new game save to try and get rid of it, but after a few sim days they started right back at it. On the fresh save, all I had for mods was a furry characters mod that just adds objects to CAS. Shortly after the bug started back up, I installed MC Command again to combat some of the issues this bug is causing.

Only odd thing I've noticed is if I add new "cooking" object (IE the Popcorn popper since I just got the movie night DLC yesterday), they will go and obsess over that object. Constantly going to get popcorn, then just leaving full bowls around to rot. they'll even just randomly drop commanded acts like writing or woohooing just to go get a bowl of popcorn, and set it down. At times I've had to use Debug options to reset them, because a "Get popcorn" or "Eat popcorn" command would be frozen in their queue and prevent them from doing anything other than just standing in one spot.

If I remove the popcorn machine, they go and obsess over the bar, spending loads of money mixing drinks, then just leaving them sitting on the bar. Get rid of that, then they go after the grill and leave food piled up outside. Then get rid of the grill, they just cook on the stove constantly. So at this rate, I've leaving the popcorn popper out JUST to keep them from spending all of my freakin' money on mixing drinks and cooking food.

Message 286 of 352 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@1976Mustang I have a similar issue with popcorn makers, bars, and grills, but it's been so long that I'm not sure if it's part of this bug, or a separate bug, or multiple bugs combined. I bought Movie Night a long time ago, and I ended up having to remove popcorn makers from the houses they were in because my sims would constantly make popcorn instead of cooking, and also interrupt actions to go make popcorn (but they would actually eat the popcorn). I haven't had a popcorn maker around since before the cooking bug started, so I don't know if the sims would eat the popcorn now or not.

I also had to remove bars a while ago (before the cooking bug) because the sims would constantly make drinks every time they went idle or every time their hunger bar dropped even a little. I think that was a separate bug that got 'fixed', so I put the bars back, and now sometimes my sims will make drinks and actually drink them, but other times they'll leave them there.

I was -almost- annoyed enough to get rid of the grill also because sims would ignore the oven and the leftovers in the fridge to go use the grill, but I left it because with larger households I prefer to have multiple objects for sims to cook on so no one gets stuck being hungry because they're waiting to use the oven. The irony is that now I end up with 10 plates of spoiled, uneaten food outside because I didn't know they were there, and my sims are all hungry anyway.
Message 287 of 352 (994 Views)

★ Guide
@funnyhamtaro Exactly! I have stopped playing the game because of this. There's so much more to worry about in the game than a household's eating/cooking habits, of which I don't want to micromanage.
Message 288 of 352 (938 Views)

★ Guide

Yup I recently got a few more expansions and now this is just frustrating my gameplay that I cant get into a game, so feel the expansions were a waste of money, because after an hour I find myself searching for mods to fix it to no avail.

Message 289 of 352 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Popcorn Makers might not be related. The same with juice bars.

Way back in Sims 3, there was a Cupcake Machine Fortune Cookie Machine. If you had one, that is all your sims would eat. There are other things you don't really want in your house as well. I think this also happens in 4 but in 3 the coffee makers tended to become items of intense obsession then your sims never sleep and pee all the time. I am not sure if I don't give my Sims 4 sims any drink machines because of Sims 3 or if I had a reason not to in 4. lol

This is totally not related but when you said you like to have multiple cooking items, I have always wondered why the AI is so bad about family meals.Scratched out above. I think the Cupcake Machine is actually Sims 4.

Message 290 of 352 (900 Views)