Re: Cooking after food is already been cooked - After Update

by Ar5ynal

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★ Pro
@Gednaa I'm not sure, but I think the "not finishing cooking" thing is a bug in the autonomy that was introduced later than the "endless cooking and not eating anything that was cooked loop" bug.
Message 271 of 352 (958 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★★★ Newbie

i play the game on the a ps4 pro and have the same bug...

the sims just keeps cooking without eating even with the table full of food...

just for the record, it seems to me that the bug only occurs with a non-active sim.

Message 272 of 352 (840 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict One of the suggestions on the first page seems to have solved this for me. Clearing the cache seemed to work.

To anyone else having this problem, I suggest doing the same. I tried it after the person he was responding to said it worked for her, but for some reason everyone seemed to stop discussing this potential solution from that point onwards, despite no other solutions reported to be working. So, I decided to try the only solution confirmed to work. 

I will report back if the problem returns. 

Message 273 of 352 (783 Views)

Hero
@-N3RD4L3RT- I think for most it just comes back tough. It's a weird issue. I saw it on one of my Sims but all others never had this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 274 of 352 (752 Views)

★ Apprentice

Its still a prolem. Even after I cleared the cache my sims still goes for cooking instead of taking left overs. Clearing the cache for me only temporarily solves it, but then the bug just reverts back

Message 275 of 352 (685 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Clearing the cache definitely didn't work for me. I've gotten into the habit of clearing the cache and repairing the game whenever I run into stubborn issues like these, to the point that it's usually the first thing I try before adding a bug report. Still, several months, several patches, and at least 2 cache clears later, it's still a problem.

Message 276 of 352 (661 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a batch file that I run before anything else and it doesn't help this at all. I am at a loss on this one.

Message 277 of 352 (654 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having a lot of my sims that will start cooking then they will put it somewhere else and then start cooking again with another meal. and by the time they made so much food that i need to sort it in the frigate  but they won't least that long because they will start going bad. so it kinda annoying. i just make money off it until there gonna be a fix for this

Message 278 of 352 (626 Views)

Sims not finishing there food

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get famous, Seasons, City living, Get to work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Kids Room, Free holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When sims atonismly cook
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims just keep making more food and don't eat the food they have already made
What do you expect to see? Sims eating the food they make and not continuing to atonismly cook more food
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared after the most recent patch with the bunk beds

N/A

Message 279 of 352 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This should be on the "Laundry List" @EA_Lanna 

Message 280 of 352 (574 Views)