Re: Sims keep cooking food and not eating it

by stjmk

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

When they were asked why it wasn't included in the laundry list they said it's because they are aware and working on it, but it will NOT be fixed in the next patch (the laundry list included only bugs that were fixed in that patch, which is already out). Other than that, they didn't give any more details. Considering it's the most voted bug, it's unlikely they just became aware of it recently. I'm guessing the fix is not trivial and/or they have other priorities.

Message 261 of 352 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@vladncOr they're waiting for another summer intern who will almost fix it.

I wouldn't bet on the fix not being trivial.

I'm sorry, EA, but I just don't trust you!

Message 262 of 352 (1,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've had the one butler for many generations but suddenly I had a new butler arrive today and they are keen on cooking but not eating even though they are always emoting being starving. I had so many partially made faux BLT boards that there was no useable kitchen space today. The only solution was I ended up cheating the butler's need to make her happy and she stopped the constant cooking. 

I'm finding a lot of autonomy things - robot vacuums, pets using litter box/bowls, cooking, kids wanting to play on the swings/bars to be so so screwy lately. 

Message 263 of 352 (1,001 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm seeing this as well. I thought it was just grilling, but once I removed the grill they went to the stove and started cooking. They will always cook a max serving amount meal.. like 3-4 times and then grab something quick from the fridge instead of eating all the food they just made.

The images have CC installed, but I have tested this without CC and it still happens regardless. But you can see, two meals sitting on the counter, and one sim mid cooking another meal.

They are doing this without NPCs over... it's just the two sims and the cat.

Message 264 of 352 (968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@vladncActually, in the "Laundry List," they said those they listed were the "top" bug concerns but couldn't guarantee that all of them would be fixed in the next update/patch.

So, why not list all of the top bugs? Too embarrassed?

Message 265 of 352 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, you are right it, the list included the bugs they hoped to fix in the next patch. It wasn't certain all will be fixed. But, for this particular bug, they were certain it would NOT be fixed in that patch. Which is apparently the reason they didn't include it in the list.

But, regardless of their communication and the actual reason it wasn't included in the list, what I find more problematic is that the top most reported bug is still not fixed after more than 4 months.

Message 266 of 352 (882 Views)

★★ Pro
@vladnc Amen! Preach!

It makes it such a nuisance playing large families with teens and grandparents. And forget about NPCs if there's anything they can cook with - they just keep cooking like energizer bunnies until they starve. So, forget about Community Lots with grills.

This is one where there is some kind of IF-ELSE loop going on. I think there's some spaghetti code loop somewhere that got added in the 11/10 patch. Do they not date the coding so that they can see what was added when and isolate it that way?
Message 267 of 352 (844 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure how long this has been happening to me for, but it's started becoming annoying. Sims will make a meal - either individual or group size - and then instead of eating it, they will go back to the fridge and either make something new or grab a quick meal. They will also choose to make something new rather than eating the leftovers already in the fridge, but this may be another bug.

I use no mods, no CC. I have all packs except Batuu, Paranormal, My First Pet Stuff or any of the Kits.

Message 268 of 352 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can confirm, on my base game with 8 sim family hunger is always an issue. They spend money like crazy cooking, leave the food on the counter, then have a quick meal and complain about not eating cooked food.

Message 269 of 352 (682 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★★★ Guide
@Sparkiekong Yes, that's what annoys me. The boards with veg all over the worktops. Thanks for bringing that point up! I even removed the grills as well as the microwave, but they start to cook and then grab cereal from the fridge. I even removed all the cakes and cookies their fans sent them from their inventories because they were just eating those when hungry, but still they won't finish cooking. All level 10 with extra traits for cooking. Top Chefs! One has even been a celebrity chef!
Message 270 of 352 (641 Views)