Re: Sims keep cooking food and not eating it

by elysevilla

Original Post

Re: Sims repeatedly cook meals while autonomous, even when not hungry

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ChelleBelle716 wrote:

This only started happening for me in the last few days.

I don't have automatic patching turned on and initiate patches manually. I had played a couple of hours on I think Wednesday and then patched before I left the computer, which caused the same issue on PC. So whatever day the last patch is did it, not anything you bought and installed. I have hardly any expansions or content packs and my sim is on a grilled cheese marathon of epic proportions.

Message 251 of 352 (951 Views)

Sims keep cooking food and not eating it

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? wait for sim to autonomously cook when hungry
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims autonomously cook food when they're hungry but rarely eat it and just continue to make new foods. They eat when I make them cook food and they eat when i tell them to grab a serving, but they will not autonomously eat their own cooked food. (this does not happen every time but about 90% of the time it does)
What do you expect to see? sims to eat food they have autonomously cook to satisfy their hunger need
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 252 of 352 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I can confirm that this is happening ALL the time. Sims cook food, leave it on the counter. Cook more food - leave it on the counter. Go to fridge (which has platters of leftovers) and get cereal or yogurt and eat that. If I SPECIFICALLY get them to eat leftovers, they will. But won't do it on their own when hungry. If I TELL them to cook a specific food, they seem to cook it and then take it and eat it, although I haven't experimented extensively with this. It's doing it *autonomously* that's broken in the game.

This has been happening for me for months and months. I recall it started happening RIGHT after an update, which clearly broke the game for that aspect. I have no doubt of that. Prior to that, Sims would cook or grill either their own meals or create platters etc. Any left overs would automatically be put away, and when Sims were hungry, they would deplete the leftovers until gone, all on their own, before preparing more food.

Message 253 of 352 (865 Views)

Re: Sims repeatedly cook meals while autonomous, even when not hungry

★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me for a couple of months now so definitely not after the last patch

Message 254 of 352 (850 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes this is exactly it! But for me I have noticed VERY occasionally they cook and eat 

Message 255 of 352 (850 Views)

★★ Pro
@Diolacles For me, it was after the Nov. 10 update prior to the release of Snowy Escape.

Sims in a household are just about manageable. (Hey, I remember in Sims 1 having to move-objects something into the fridge to keep them from grabbing chips every time I turned around.)

Community areas, on the other hand, are a madhouse with all the NPCs using grills like they are going out of style.
Message 256 of 352 (822 Views)

★ Guide

I sent my sim on vacation with another sim, in the rental house, I could see that the other sim cooked several dishes and never ate them, until my sim cooked something and called him to eat. The truth is that I do not know when this error started, I play with a single sim and I have the autonomy deactivated, so I could see it when sharing a house with another sim on vacation.

Message 257 of 352 (790 Views)

★★ Pro
@elysevilla Ha! I remember distinctly because I had been playing my 8 Sim households without having this problem. Toddlers, cats, dogs and all.

But after 11/10 patch, when I was going into my households and trying to fix the stairs, some of my Sims would be running amok with grilling in a blizzard or getting irresistible urges to make Mac 'n' Cheese endlessly while my other Sims were using stairs up to the attic or down to the basement to make sure they worked.

It was like a nightmare.
Message 258 of 352 (736 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I hadn't played in a while. I had been on an Assassin's Creed kick and recently finished it. (Yeah, it took me 4 months lol). There has been no word from the team on this since Nov 10?

Message 259 of 352 (720 Views)

★★ Pro
@AuddieD Well, it wasn't on the "Laundry List" but I think there was an, "Oops, sorry we forgot to include it in the list because we are airheads" on twitter or something. Yes, I've got the link somewhere, but if EA is going to be that cavalier, I can't be bothered.
Message 260 of 352 (696 Views)