Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

by vladnc

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★★★ Novice

Are they EVER going to fix this? cause this has been going on since 7 months now, and yet no fix, and its making the game unplayable and not even fun.

Message 191 of 352 (1,328 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

To be fair, they introduced the bug in November, so there have been only 3 months. Still, that's way too long.

@Enicsaturn wrote:

Are they EVER going to fix this? cause this has been going on since 7 months now, and yet no fix, and its making the game unplayable and not even fun.

Message 192 of 352 (1,316 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

They introduced it, but it still existed.

Message 193 of 352 (1,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just came here to complain about this as well. My sim is hungry, I direct them to cook something but while I'm managing their husband they finished cooking and began cooking something new. Still hasn't eaten, just wasted more money cooking more food that will go to waste, or in the husband's case, he tends to prefer to cook and then go grab a quick meal lol. 

Editing to add that I also have a sim that seems to have something against finishing her food. She's barely into the green portion of her hunger bar and she takes a bite when directed and then stops. I have Deaderpool atm but I didn't when I first started noticing these bugs.

Message 194 of 352 (1,224 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still having cooking problem.  Had to get rid of cupcake maker, coffee maker, tea maker and ice cream maker. Sims make ice cream and put in their inventory to spoil. Sims will stand by cupcake maker waiting for some reason. Sometimes they make just one cupcake, sometimes a plate full. When it's time for bed, they head for the coffee machine.

I keep hoping to see a "we fixed it" news flash, but no joy so far. 

On a side note, the fish in my big fish display have gone.  If I "open" it, there's all the fish listed, but they don't show in tank swimming around.  The ones in small fish bowls are okay.

Message 195 of 352 (1,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is driving me crazy! How can a big company doesn't correct a 3 months bug??? My sims only eat leftovers when I do it manually and when I'm with guests they ALWAYS open my fridge and start cooking or doing fast meals that get stuck in the microwave! Angry Angry Angry

Message 196 of 352 (1,131 Views)

★ Novice
@Taiyourin I started experiencing the same issue last night as well.. extremely frustrating.. given the price for their DLC's + the many years that they've had to iron out issues like these.
Message 197 of 352 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@JustinRichmondNZ Ea doesn't care about its customers as long as the modders can fix their mistakes. When sims' community starts complaining fiercely, they throw a lot of patches then packs that bring bugs af.

Message 198 of 352 (1,058 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JustinRichmondNZ This issue was likely caused by some change or another made by a recent update or DLC of some kind. I always find that my game gets more and more buggy as the years go by with each pack I download and install. Plus, they always focus on fixing the fun bugs first IMO. Like I enjoyed having children with the grim reaper, that didn't need to be patched.
Message 199 of 352 (1,029 Views)

★ Guide

Still this, still happening. Cooking autonomy out of control. Ignore all those leftovers, go make some poor quality garbage with your non-existent cooking skill, set it down somewhere and ignore it, eventually going to get a quick meal unless they cook something else to ignore and repeat the loop. There'd be food made and left to rot all over without any player intervention in it. Then they'd never be able to do anything because they'd be stuck in endless idle animations.

Message 200 of 352 (949 Views)