Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

by talenetx

Original Post

Hungry sims autonomously prepare meals, ignore them and eat quick meals

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have hungry sims prepare a meal
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims ignore meal they have prepared, prepare a new meal or have a quick meal
What do you expect to see? Sims eat the meal the prepared
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The game is glitchy as all hell for me lately, but this one is quite annoying. Hungry sims prepare a meal, leave it on the counter, ignore it, and either immediately prepare another meal or eat a quick meal. Sims are leaving group meals all over the place and not eating them. Happens with all cooking appliances, stoves and grills included.

Message 171 of 352 (1,424 Views)

Re: Hungry sims autonomously prepare meals, ignore them and eat quick meals

★★ Pro
@durango1906 Sound like this one:

[OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal instead
Message 172 of 352 (1,426 Views)

Is this Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen Sims version?

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37.13.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Get Famous, Strangerville, Realm Of Magic, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait until your sim is hungry and decides to cook by themselves (so Maximum Autonomy is required) and wait until they're finished cooking
What happens when the bug occurs? Once they're finished cooking, they'll start to cook another dish or get a quick meal from the fridge (ngl, the former is pretty good to level up the Cooking Skills)
What do you expect to see? Once Sims are done cooking, they should eat the freshly-made dish
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Basically, they just cook too much for their own good (might be caused by cheats, idk)

Message 173 of 352 (1,163 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★ Novice

My own Sims have done this many times, not just ones invited onto the lot. With a large family to harangue, it's annoying when one of them jets off to the backyard grill instead of getting the food out of the fridge like they've been told to do. I have no CC or mods and still have the same issues. 

Message 174 of 352 (1,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My controlled sims do this.  I am forever cancelling them out of having a quick meal after they've cooked several group meals and just left them sitting.

edit:  I have all the packs and stuff except the Moschino one. This happens on stoves and grills.  The park in Oasis Springs is like a giant smorgasbord from all the Sims constantly grilling. It's kind of hilarious.

Message 175 of 352 (1,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Ditto. 

"WTF?  Why are you eating chips?  You just autonomously made Lobster Thermidor!  Eat the food you made!" *throw chips in trash*
"No, no, honey, no.  EAT THE VEGGIE BURGERS YOU MADE.  You have the Child of the Ocean trait;  if you actually eat the tuna casserole you're trying to autonomously make I'll have to watch you cry."

I'm forever finding abandoned hot dogs, chips and salsa, bagels, etc., all over the lot while the sim who made all these meals either eats chips or peas, or goes to do something else while clutching their stomach and pointing at their mouth.  Cue the Weird Al song here. 

Message 176 of 352 (986 Views)

★★ Novice

Has this ever been resolved? I am having the exact same issues that everyone else has reported. 

Message 177 of 352 (907 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same issue as well. I’m also having other issues with autonomy though so who knows what’s going on.

Message 178 of 352 (879 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yep, this is still going on. 

It's every sim in the household though.  One cooks a group meal, even though there are fresh leftovers in the fridge. They plate it, leave it on the counter, go back start cooking again. While they are plating that, a different sim enters the kitchen, and starts making a meal, plates it, leaves it on the counter. This will go on until someone gives up and settles for cheese crackers, cereal, or yogurt. Last night they started in on the orange juice.

If this was a family just starting out, they would be destroying their tiny budget with food expenses.

Message 179 of 352 (875 Views)

Sims constantly cooking multiple items when hungry but opts for quick snack

★ Guide

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ep.07.125
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for sim to autonomously cook
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will autonomously cook meals when hungry, then cook something else again before ending up going to the refrigerator for a quick snack
What do you expect to see? Sims to eat the food they cook
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

leftovers galore!

Message 180 of 352 (788 Views)