Re: Sims won’t clean the dishes 2020

by Bra1nBlast3d

Original Post

Sims won’t clean the dishes 2020

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions Parenthood game pack Laundry day pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims won’t clean the dishes
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won’t clean the dishes they just put them down on the table.
What do you expect to see? Sims should clean the dishes using the sinks and dishwashers provided
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Anyone can help 

I know this happened to some in the past is anyone else having the issue ? 

My sims won’t clean the dishes. It’s very frustrating. I have to just keep selling the dishes everytime. They just put them down. 
move tried moving them out the house and back in but still got the issue

Message 61 of 69 (8,426 Views)

★★ Guide

Does the sim route fail? Check all shelves and half-walls in your builds, sims like to hide dishes there. That causes the following issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-can-t-wash-dishes-if-some-are-on-shelves/m-p/...

Message 62 of 69 (8,414 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Omg you legend yes there was 2 cups on a shelf  and this has sorted this out thanks so much for the reply! 

Message 63 of 69 (8,493 Views)

Hero
@SeanBobbyG Merged your post with the main bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 69 (8,438 Views)

Sims Won’t Wash Dishes

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampires and ROM
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim wash dishes
What happens when the bug occurs? I’ll tell my sim to wash/clean up dish or they will do it automatically. When they go to wash the dish, the sim takes the plate in another room and sits it on the coffee table, specifically, the one that has a brown table top and green drawers. It’s the parenthood type square one. I try to get the sim to wash the plate again and he puts it right back down. The sim does this about 4 times before finally taking the plate and washing it. Also, sims keep sitting plates down on the sink.
What do you expect to see? I expect for sims to wash dishes without further issues and to not sit plates on the sink.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Whichever patch was the newest.

(The text below is a copy of what I said above)

I’ll tell my sim to wash/clean up dish or they will do it automatically. When they go to wash the dish, the sim takes the plate in another room and sits it on the coffee table, specifically, the one that has a brown table top and green drawers. It’s the parenthood type square one. I try to get the sim to wash the plate again and he puts it right back down. The sim does this about 4 times before finally taking the plate and washing it. Also, sims keep sitting plates down on the sink.

Message 65 of 69 (8,458 Views)

Re: Sims Won’t Wash Dishes

Hero
@thecharsims Merged your post..

Check all shelves for left over dishes and manually remove them

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 69 (8,404 Views)

Re: Sims Won’t Wash Dishes

★★ Guide
@crinrict Ok. Thanks.
Message 67 of 69 (8,355 Views)

Re: Sims 4 washing dishes bug

Hero
@liamstacey2222 Did you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 69 (8,338 Views)

Re: Sims 4 washing dishes bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue in which the Clean Up interaction would drop off the queue if dirty dishes were placed on a counter.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

EDIT: If you're still having issues with this, check if you have dirty dishes on half walls: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-do-not-clean-plates-when-one-is-on-a-half-wal...

or lot of ladders

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-clean-dishes-trash-in-ladder-only-houses/td-...

or provide your save if it happens otherwise: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-will-not-wash-dishes-Patch-1-63/td-p/9184556

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 69 (14,009 Views)