Re: Bug Sims can't wash dishes

by Dyute171

Original Post

★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

I tried moving the household out and back in, and they are still not being able to clean dishes. They will pick them up, sometimes collect a few, and then put them back down on the table. Other times, it says that I can't "clean up" because "A trash can or sink is required to clean this up." 

I deleted the hanging pots, and any decorations around the sink as well (and the poster behind the sink), and nothing changed. 

It's not really a problem since I can just drag and drop the plates to the trash, and I'm planning on moving houses anyways soon, but I just find it strange.

Screenshot (1).jpg

Message 11 of 69 (2,635 Views)

Hero

Guess taking a look at your save is next then.

Would you be willing to share that as well ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 69 (2,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just pm-ed you a link.

Message 13 of 69 (2,603 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Dyute171 

I have found the issue in your house (I think).

The trouble is, that Sims seem to like to put dirty dishes in empty shelf slots .. but then they can't retrieve them.

DirtyDish2.jpg

When you tell them to retrieve the ones on the table, they also want to retrieve the ones on the shelves and then fail cause they can't reach it. The same used to happen (it's supposed to be fixed) if there's dishes on half walls.

There's also a dish in the upper bathroom on the floor but I don't know how much of an issue that one poses. It's def the ones on the shelves that make them route fail.

If you manually remove them, it should be fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 69 (2,590 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yay that fixed it!

Thanks!

Message 15 of 69 (2,564 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't wash dishes on shelves

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 69 (2,531 Views)

★ Guide

Could this also include the kitchen topshelfs/cabinets? As I play with walls down, they pretty much are invisable. I have a dishwasher but my sims refuse to use it most of the time and there is nothing blocking it so when I saw this thread I was thinking if that could be the issue.

Message 17 of 69 (2,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Anything with free slots really. Put walls up and see if something is in the cabinets or on top of them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 69 (2,497 Views)

dirty dishes

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game, island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventures, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish guitar. (Family Portrait disappeared, just saying)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place wall shelves and ask sims to clean dishes.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I ask sims to clean dishes, the dishes end up on a shelf and become inaccessible.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to use the KITCHEN sink or Dishwasher. not just place the dishes out of reach. I shouldn't have to click and drag them to the sink.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Island Living. This is just one bug I've seen since installing the new expansion pack.

So, I ask my sims to clean the dishes and sometimes they do (in the bathroom, so annoying) but then, sims start complaining about filthy surroundings. When I have a look around to make sure there's no trash or anything, right there way up on top of the shelf, dirty dishes. I don't know how my sims get them up there but they can't get them down. The maid can't clean them either. I know this may not sound like much of a bug, but it's as annoying as my sims not using the KITCHEN SINK or DISHWASHER. I honestly don't know why I buy them. Anyway, the second picture I've added -The Modular Nonplus Shelving set- Show better what the problem is.

Message 19 of 69 (2,441 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't wash dishes if some are on shelves

★★★★ Pro

I basically can't have any shelves with empty slots, because the sims put the dishes there and then they can't take them down.

Message 20 of 69 (2,354 Views)