Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims can't wash dishes if some are on shelves

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.49.65.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Laundry Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After eating food, Sims leave empty plates, and can't wash them.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I direct sims to wash plates, they pick them up and immediately put them back.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to pick up all the plates and then go wash them in the sink.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The February 5th patch

After the new patch, I can no longer wash dishes. 

Message 1 of 69 (7,636 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 washing dishes bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue in which the Clean Up interaction would drop off the queue if dirty dishes were placed on a counter.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

EDIT: If you're still having issues with this, check if you have dirty dishes on half walls: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-do-not-clean-plates-when-one-is-on-a-half-wal...

or lot of ladders

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-clean-dishes-trash-in-ladder-only-houses/td-...

or provide your save if it happens otherwise: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-will-not-wash-dishes-Patch-1-63/td-p/9184556

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 69 of 69 (14,000 Views)

All Replies

Re: Bug Sims can't wash dishes

Hero

Hi @Dyute171 

have you checked if there's anything that might be blocking the sink ? 

Did you try a different household to see if it works there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 69 (7,546 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Crinrict,

Thanks for your help!

I tried another household, and they were fine. The original household still cant wash dishes. There's nothing blocking the sink--I bought another sink, and they still wouldn't use that one to wash dishes. They can do the other interactions with the sink.

Message 3 of 69 (7,536 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to upload the house you have issues with to the gallery ?

If so, please post the name here afterwards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 69 (7,533 Views)

★ Guide

I've also had this issue only in the last few weeks (even after last night's patch) and noticed two different things going on.

1. The restaurant dishwasher is unusable.

2. Picking up dishes and putting them down. If you have another Sim wash them, they do get washed. I assumed that a lot of this was because I've been saving all my dirty dishes for my Scouts and sometimes they have to go to school. This seems to be a minor annoyance rather than a broken game kind of thing, and it is easily fixable.

Message 5 of 69 (7,525 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I think I may be seeing this as well. Started playing the Munch hh after the Feb update in my GF save...I did update the house slightly (to include the new table other little changes) and I've noticed that the plates can't always be cleaned. I've replaced objects, etc. but about half the time it says "there is no available trash can..." (there is in the kitchen, plus an outdoor bin, neither placed with MOO). Sometimes when I drag the dishes to another surface, it may start working again, but not always. Also had trouble getting a sim to set the table--I got it to work by starting the action for every place on the table. The sims do clean autonomously, but as expected this doesn't always happen, either. (Can't be too hard on the sim(s) there, as I don't always want to clean dishes, either. lol)
Message 6 of 69 (7,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

I uploaded the lot as DomusFamiliaris2

Message 7 of 69 (7,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's this issue with certain tables: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-clean-dishes-on-big-round-tables/m-p/7439520#M84503

@Dyute171  I have no issues with your house. Could you try moving your family out and back in ?

Dish.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 69 (7,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@bookmaster325 The big round tables like the table that just came with the Lunar New Year update have a glitch when it comes to washing dishes, where it gives you that message about needing a trash can.

I've also found that I have to be careful about using the hanging pot racks in the game, because they will block Sims from washing dishes if you have them hanging over a sink like on an island with a sink, and the walls are too low in relation to the pot rack.

Message 9 of 69 (7,470 Views)

★★★★ Guide
(nods) yes, I also reported the glitch with the LNY table to the tech gurus on Twitter hours upon the release of the last update -- was just tossing in my half-a-cent here as well.
Yeparooni on that hanging pot rack -- found out a bit ago that the sims don't like work around that. Still, a crying shame, as the sims as well as I like to look at them. On the positive side, the glitch does make me really get creative with how I place them in build mode though. :D
Message 10 of 69 (7,460 Views)