[FIXED] Sims can't swim laps

by iamgears

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims can't swim laps

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

OK, I was able to mess with this a bit more today and  this is what I was able to find out. I was able to get a rectangular pool to work, but only if I used a raised foundation, also the foundation could not go all the way the around the pool. What I mean here is that the pool was 1 tile into the foundation with no foundation around 3 sides, the foundation actually will be placed on those sides at the edge of the pool. Octagon pool pulled out to roughly square shape would work at ground level, but with all other shapes, the bug returned. The foundation does not need to be as high as in the pic, just did that to make it more obvious what I was talking about.

Message 51 of 61 (2,253 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello. Has anyone tried smaller pools? I’ve recently tested several pools because of the forum’s thread “CAN'T GET OUT OF THE POOL!” and found out that my sims can swim laps if the pool’s length is 5 or less – if the pool is polygonal-shaped, probably it can be bigger a bit - but instead, they cannot get out of it or they need an excessive amount of time to just get out after the swim. When I made the pool bigger, they became unable to swim laps again, cancelling the action immediately, but in this case, they didn’t have any exit problems. I’m wondering if this is happening only in my game or not.

Message 52 of 61 (2,197 Views)

★ Novice

You are not alone! I second this, but if you have the testingcheats on, and shift click on your sim to reset your sim, then he/she should get out of the pool just fine. Its hectic but at least its something you can do.

Message 53 of 61 (2,163 Views)

★ Apprentice

I didn't even realize this was a bug since I had never seen the proper animation loop for swimming laps.  I had assumed it was just really lame game design.

Message 54 of 61 (2,139 Views)

Re: Sims can't swim laps

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm getting this too. It was fine until I installed some new packs and since then they swim for about 2 seconds then just get out the pool, seems a bit of a waste of time having one now.

Edited to add: It don't seem to get my sims to stay in the pool regardless of the action - energised laps, any laps, swim playfully, none of it works, it seems that none of them like the water! Even if I direct them to "swim here" most of the time they will get out the pool and walk  to the spot, or walk to as close as they can, then drop in the pool, swim to the spot then get out. Really annoying.

Message 55 of 61 (2,106 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Tested this in several pools and everything is ok again. Also NPC sims use the pools as they should. Thank you for this!!!!

Message 56 of 61 (8,798 Views)

Hero

• Sims are swimming laps again.

Fixed in Patch 1.30.103

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 61 (1,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, if it was fixed it's broken again. I am having the same problems described above. Used to work just a few days ago Frown

Message 58 of 61 (1,848 Views)

Hero

Hi @goandrea

could you please try repairing your game through Origin.

Also are you using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 61 (1,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am using cc in the pool! It must be that. I'll remove it and see if that fixes it. Thank you!
Message 60 of 61 (1,829 Views)