[FIXED] Sims can't swim laps

by iamgears

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims can't swim laps

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I got one Sim to swim a couple of (energized) laps before stopping, but otherwise every Sim I direct to swim laps goes about a tile away from the pool wall, back, and then stops. The interaction disappears on the sidebar. This happens with the regular interaction and energized version.

Repairing game does not fix it and still occurs in a new save with CC removed. I've had 1 tuning mod installed before but removed it after getting the newest patch.

Message 1 of 61 (13,108 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims can't swim laps

★★★★ Pro

Tested this in several pools and everything is ok again. Also NPC sims use the pools as they should. Thank you for this!!!!

View in thread

Message 56 of 61 (8,797 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Does this happen in any pool, or only on that specific lot? Try testing out on other lots with pools and see if it's related to all swimming codes or simply a glitchy pool on a lot.

Message 2 of 61 (12,939 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims can't swim laps

Hero

I can duplicate this.

I'll add

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 61 (12,926 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried it on 4 different lots and it happens for all of them.

Message 4 of 61 (12,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I don't think there's a work around at this point

For me it mostly happened in corners.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 61 (12,898 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 61 (12,879 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Unfortunately, this bug is far worse. NPC sims don't use the pool at all any more in public venues. It stays completely empty. "Swim here" is also broken and works only with very short distances - otherwise the sim will leave the pool and jump back in at the wanted place. It seems that routing on water is completely broken.

Message 7 of 61 (12,867 Views)

issues with swimming

★★ Guide

'Swim Laps' doesn't seem to be working, the Sim splashes around then the action cancels out.

When I clicked down the pool and selected 'Swim Here' the Sim got out walked to a spot near where I clicked, jumped in, splashed about a bit then stopped moving. 

I tried a couple of the household Sims, none of them swim any more Frown

Message 8 of 61 (12,799 Views)

Re: issues with swimming

★★ Guide

sorry I just found the other post 

Message 9 of 61 (12,794 Views)

Re: issues with swimming

Hero

@reboot2019 I've merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 61 (12,783 Views)