[FIXED] Sims can't read books or learn skills from them

by xLilacSims

Original Post

Re: Sims can't read books or learn skills from them since the latest patch updat

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yup new everything with not putting anything back...and I know right, that's what I said, super weird. Frown lol
Message 11 of 80 (2,243 Views)

Re: Sims can't read books or learn skills from them since the latest patch updat

Hero
Since you have it on all saves, it's not even worth sending one to me.

I'll ask around if others see this too. There's one me too on this thread but unfortunately the person didn't comment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 80 (2,238 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Okay thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it. Standard smile
Message 13 of 80 (2,235 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. No skilling up at all by reading books for anything. The activity allows me to skill up, but not the books and only since the patch.

Message 14 of 80 (2,221 Views)

Hero
Do you also get the issue with the read interaction missing ? Also no mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 80 (2,210 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. Base game, no mods or custom content, English, PC. I am unable to read books to skill up. I reported this to EA and

they had me repair SIMS 4, move my Sims 4 to desktop, start a brand new game with a brand new Sim. Same problem. This problem started with 

the March 8, 2018 update.

Message 16 of 80 (2,199 Views)

Hero
But you're able to read normal books ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 80 (2,194 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried it with mods/cc, without them.  Uninstalled Origin and reinstalled, deleted the folders tech support told me too, etc.  Not able to get a skill bar at all with attempting to learn from the books.  The skill bar does show up if I do the activity (ex, gardening, charisma, etc)

Message 18 of 80 (2,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yes, but the OP has an issue with the reading option not showing for them on regular books. Do you have that too ?

@Belsymne

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 80 (2,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am able to read all books. However, I finish reading the books entirely too quickly and there is no green bar above my Sims head when they are reading a skill book. Thanks for your assistance!

Message 20 of 80 (2,163 Views)