Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Sims can't read books or learn skills from them

by thunder2012jkh

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Belsymne I had talked to the CM here and they said they rather have just reports here.

I'll talk to them again but in my opinion there's no need to contact support for this. QA checks the post here and if you guys need to get in line just to report it, I think it's a waste of everyone's time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 80 (1,468 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  the one I was talking to might have been a noob LOL

Message 52 of 80 (1,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @Belsymne,

Not sure what happened, but sorry for the confusion. There's no need for you to contact our advisers if you have already posted here in the forums.

Our advisers will be happy to take your bug reports if you prefer that method, but in general is better to report here in the forums: it's faster as you don't need to wait for one of our advisers to be available, easier as you can just find the thread for your bug and press 'me too', you can share information with other players which is always helpful (for example, you found out not having GTW causes this) and our QA team can talk with you directly here in the forums if they need more information to investigate the problem.

Thanks!
-Mai

Message 53 of 80 (1,456 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai  Good to know :-) The gentleman I was chatting with didn't seem to know very much so I wondered why he was promoting submitting a bug report LOL

Message 54 of 80 (1,449 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Me Too I'm having the same problem since the last patch update and I don't have Get to Work Expansion Pack.

Message 55 of 80 (1,371 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sims can't read books or learn skills from them

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem, tried repairing the game and then found this thread. Also don't own the GTW-expansion. 

Message 56 of 80 (1,354 Views)

Sim can't finish a book

★ Novice

Hello I think I'm experiencing a bug my Sim will not finish a book even while focused and the speed reader upgrade. I even tried to click on the book again and it wont let me while he's holding it. When he puts it down it doesn't say reread and it doesn't even give the option to read it again. It just says put away or place in the world.

Message 57 of 80 (1,285 Views)

Re: Sim can't finish a book

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Queen_Battlelust

When (s)he is holding the book (s)he is already reading it or about to begin reading. So it stands to reason you can not click it at this time.

If you remove the book from the sims inventory (place in world or just drag it) is there then an option to read(reread) the book or just put away?

Also there is a known issue with this if you do not have the Get to Work expansion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 58 of 80 (1,276 Views)

★ Novice

No once they take the book out of the book shelf they sit down, appear to be reading it the green circle fills up like they completed reading it except it doesn't give credit. Then they usually place it on the ground or back in the shelf. Once they put it down though. It doesn't say reread or even read just put away or place in the world. I just have the base game. It seriously has to be a bug because I've tried multiple times and like I said focused & even with speed reader.  I'm new to Sims 4, I just recently got it. I plan on buying the expansion Get to Work when it goes on sale again. It was on sale when I started playing I waited a couple days and right when I went to buy it, it went off sale lol. Anyway so you're saying there is a patch to fix the book issue in Get to work then? I guess I'll hold off on that aspiration and reading in general until I buy it then. Thanks for the input though I feel better knowing it can get fixed eventually.

Message 59 of 80 (1,255 Views)

Hero
Hi @Queen_Battlelust

it is a bug. I've merged your post with existing bug report.

@jpkarlsen for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 80 (1,244 Views)