[FIXED] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

by AlHollandiyah

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

EA Live QV Team

@AlHollandiyah Thank you very much for responding. Glad this issue is resolved and you sims are safer from the dreaded flame. If the issue occurs again let us know.

Message 11 of 50 (1,875 Views)

★★ Guide

I didn't say it was resolved, I said I couldn't reproduce it. Meaning, when I tried to test it again nothing got set on fire. I tried my hardest, making my sims cook on cheap furniture while very tired and without cooking skills, but nothing went wrong. As always when you wánt something to go wrong. So the issue is still there, only I don't know how to test it if I can't set anything on fire! Sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous post!

Message 12 of 50 (1,873 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@AlHollandiyah Sorry for the confusion. If you do have another fire and the same issue occurs please do provide us the save and we will investigate. The information about your clicking and what caught fire is also very helpful.

Message 13 of 50 (1,869 Views)

★★ Guide

Is there a way to risk fire in the sims? My households usually have full fire protection in the form of both items and reliable furniture as soon as they can afford it. Is there anything I can put in a household / make them do, that makes the chances of fire bigger?

Message 14 of 50 (1,865 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Generally we find cooking hot dogs with low skill on the BBQ works for us. However was the grill in this case a high quality one?

Message 15 of 50 (1,857 Views)

Hero

Fireworks inside your home is a good way ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 50 (1,847 Views)

★★ Guide

Just one other question. As I saw back when it happened it is not possible to save while there is a fire, so A) is a safe file still usefull in troubleshooting and B) would that be a safe from just before the fire or after it burned down the house?

Message 17 of 50 (1,835 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Yes a save file would still be useful. And one from just before the fire would be perfect. Thank you again for your help on this. 

Message 18 of 50 (1,823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ok, so I tested it and there appears to be a partial hit box issue. On some spots of fire you get said error message and on other spots you get the option to extinguish. I guess we are dealing with an issue of prioritizing layers here, meaning multiple layers of items with the fire being one of them, and that it depends on where you click what it selects. And if it *thinks* you are selecting one of the objects behind the fire you get an error message. I don't have any sim-specific experience with coding, but I believe that if the team could look at this hit box selection and maybe make the fire a higher priority or make the hit box a bit bigger, that this could rather easily be solved. I do think it would also be more realistic if it selects with a bigger or more important hit box, because in real life you would also be rather focused on the fire then on the objects behind it, if that makes any sense.

Message 19 of 50 (1,817 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@AlHollandiyah Thank you for the information. We now have a better idea of the issue and do not need the save. 

Message 20 of 50 (1,808 Views)