[FIXED] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

by AlHollandiyah

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

★ Guide

@IrishMadCat_EA wrote:

Hi @sleekoduck87

Sorry to hear you are having these issue. Were the glitches you encountered with the Day of the Dead similar? Are you using any mods or CC in your game?

Would you be happy to share your save? If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

The issue seems to have been resolved, thanks.

I did notice during the last fire that someone had the option to extinguish grayed out, but it was because the Sim was already starting to extinguish the fire autonomously. That was before last night's patch, at the end of last month.

Message 31 of 50 (2,067 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Is it really fixed? I had a fire the other day in the game [set the llama game on fire] and despite furious clicking from multiple angles, my sim(s) could not put it out. Just gave me the "not available" line. The fire did eventually go out with fairly minimal damage--the chairs and table were burnt but that's it. It was a bit weird.

(actually captured a video but for some reason cannot post it on any social media at the moment. If that changes and it's still helpful, I'll edit my comment.)
Message 32 of 50 (2,049 Views)

★★ Pro

It looks like I never remembered to click Me Too on this, but I've had this problem several times in the past, however it seems fixed for me now.

I just had a fire in my game earlier this week and one Sim autonomously started to put it out right away, without me having to click on anyone and ending up with the message that I can't put the fire out because there's a fire. In the past this has not been the case. The only thing that was damaged was a plant near the fireplace.

Message 33 of 50 (2,044 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just had a fire and was not even getting a 'not available' line for extinguishing. The only extinguish option was 'Extinguish with Freeze Ray' , which did nothing at all. The fire was started by a failed SimRay transform attempt, if that is relevant?

Not sure why there would be no normal extinguish option though. The freeze ray should be an option, not the only option...

Message 34 of 50 (1,970 Views)

★ Guide

I'm getting this in Sulani. I had a camp fire with 3 stone seats around it. Its summer and hot. The stone seats catch fire and none of my sims can extinguish the fire. They complain they can't reach the fire even though there is nothing around. I have to let it burn out.

Message 35 of 50 (1,853 Views)

★ Guide

So this started happening to me since the IL patch. I had volcanic rocks that started a fire on my lot. My sims couldn't do anything because "there's a fire". Clicking on the rock to extinguish it wouldn't work because "there's a fire". I could only interact with it to try to extinguish it once a neighbor came running in to put it out. Same thing happened when my stove caught on fire. Neither of my sims could extinguish the fire because "there's a fire". And, again, I couldn't make the interaction work until a neighbor came running in to put the fire out.

Message 36 of 50 (1,846 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this problem since the most recent patch/downloading Island Living. I cannot do anything when there is a fire in progress, including extinguishing the fire or using objects that would help to put themselves out. Also, I'm not sure if I should report this separately but fires are also happening a lot more often. My campfire lights the surrounding chairs on fire 100% of the time and my Christmas tree just went up after lighting it which has never happened to me before.

Message 37 of 50 (1,832 Views)

Hero
@queensnapdragon

There's several threads for fires

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-100-fire-chance-on-Cursed-lots/td-p/7959350/
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Upgraded-Fireplace-catching-fire-a-lot/td-p/6390403
- This kinda includes the many fires for campfires: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Routing-problems-when-extinguishing-fire-near/td...
- XMas tree ... if it was a one time thing, it could just have been bad luck. I had no issues with mine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 50 (1,817 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have been getting a fire everyday in this one Sim family's fire pit and then, cannot put the fire out. It keeps giving the "can't walk there" thought bubble when I click extinguish. The fire takes several sim hours to go out destroying furniture in it's bath

Message 39 of 50 (1,789 Views)

★★ Guide
@AlHollandiyah I found that my Sim will only extinguish one fire flame but ignore the rest, allowing it to spread. At times they can’t route to the fire due to it being in the corner of the lot? I’m not sure. It doesn’t make much sense. If anything, the fire needs to be put out and should be able to no matter where the Sim is. If I use the teleport cheat, they have a chance of catching on fire while they try to “route” towards the “allowed” spot to extinguish.
Message 40 of 50 (1,767 Views)