[FIXED] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

by AlHollandiyah

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? n/a
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I found a very weird issue, which I posted about on the Sims Forums, and it turns out many people are experiencing the same. When a fire starts on the lot I try to direct one of the adults to putting it out. However, when I click the actual fire it says: "You can't do this while there is a fire on the lot." Which is very weird because that is exactly what I am trying to solve. On the forums I get the tip to install sprinklers or wait untill it spreads some further. I believe this is a nasty bug and it should be possible for sims to put out a fire as soon as they discover it, just like they can also "extuinguish self". I hope that this can be added to the bug list.
What happens when the bug occurs? Wait for fire. try to extinguish
What do you expect to see? Being able to extinguish fire
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I found a very weird issue, which I posted about on the Sims Forums, and it turns out many people are experiencing the same. When a fire starts on the lot I try to direct one of the adults to putting it out. However, when I click the actual fire it says: "You can't do this while there is a fire on the lot." Which is very weird because that is exactly what I am trying to solve. On the forums I get the tip to install sprinklers or wait untill it spreads some further. I believe this is a nasty bug and it should be possible for sims to put out a fire as soon as they discover it, just like they can also "extuinguish self". I hope that this can be added to the bug list.

Message 1 of 50 (41,168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

Hero

You can now extinguish a fire, even if the fire is within another object.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 48 of 50 (20,635 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is this new since the patch or did it happen before ? Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 50 (41,086 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm not sure if it is caused by the newest patch because I did find a forum post dating back to 2014 about the exact same error. I haven't noticed before, because in my usual gameplay I haven't had any fires that I can remember. I was also testing some mods yesterday in sets of 1-3 and I am not exactly sure which were in at the time. However a couple of people mentioned in my topic that they had the same issue and at least one of them said that they did not have any mods or cc in their game, others didn't specify at that point, so it seems to happen even without those!

Message 3 of 50 (41,068 Views)

Hero

I do think it's something that's always been there. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't 

I'll tag @SimGuruNick and @IrishMadCat_EA for this one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 50 (41,064 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had the same thing happen in my game and I have no mods or CC. In another household  my sims gardener never showed up but it is still greyed out and saying the Gardener is already hired when I tried to re-click it.

Message 5 of 50 (41,061 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having this problem too, but then I noticed that, in order for you to get the option to extinguish the fire, you just need to make sure your cursor is pointing directly in the center of the fire.  You'll even see the cursor change to show that options are available.  However, since the flame is moving, I think this center point that you need to find also moves a bit, making you feel like every time you click on the fire that red banner pops up.  If you move the cursor very slowly around the flame you should see it.

Message 6 of 50 (41,036 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm glad real fires aren't that specific on how they are extuinguished, would cost a lot of lives!! : D

Message 7 of 50 (41,029 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

EA Live QV Team

Thank you for the report @AlHollandiyah and for tagging us @crinrict. We will take a look at the issue. 

Message 8 of 50 (41,000 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@AlHollandiyah I just have  a number of questions from the tester looking at the issue. 

Does the message that the interaction is not available appear when clicking on any part of the flame?
What object(s) caught on fire when this issue occurred?
Can you provide a save with the household where they saw this issue occur?

Message 9 of 50 (40,972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm sorry for responding so late, apparently my email program all of the sudden decided that the emails from EA HQ where spam. Sigh. Anyway, I clicked frantically on the flame so I have clicked a lot of areas but I didn't methodically click the whole flame. The object on fire was in this case a BBQ, and unfortunately I do not have that save anymore. I did try the next day to reproduce the error, but as always when you actually WANT something to go wrong, it doesn't happen. (Edit: I meant that nothing went up in flames so I couldn't test if I got the same error message!) If there is any way I can test it legit please let me know and I'd love to help!

Message 10 of 50 (40,942 Views)