Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

★★ Guide

@hestiah23, have you tried clicking different places of the fire? I found it is mostly a bug with layering in the game. I.e. other layers like the floor or placed items sometimes get more priority then the flame, which shouldn't happen of course. You probably have the best chance of actually selecting the fire at a 'dead' point, as in a location of it which doesn't cover the floor or an object. Because in those places there is literally nothing else to select then the fire itself!

Message 41 of 50 (2,355 Views)

★★ Guide
@AlHollandiyah It doesn’t work. They still have routing issues to extinguish the fire. I usually have to wait it out but then my Sims can’t really do anything because there’s is a fire in the lot.
Message 42 of 50 (2,350 Views)

★★ Guide

@hestiah23, that is a real pain in the plum. I hope the devs find a way to make this work better!

Message 43 of 50 (2,342 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don't know if this is related.

I had a pair of Sims go to Granite Falls. One of the stumps they were sitting on caught fire while they were roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. Neither Sim could put out the fire. All attempts to extinguish the flames resulted in the routing failure animation - even though there was nothing in the way and plenty of space on all sides of the stump except in front where the firepit was.

Message 44 of 50 (2,306 Views)

Hero
@JasonVega2 For the campfire ? There's a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-OR-Too-many-fires-on-campfires-routing-issues-to/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 50 (2,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if someone has already said this but I had a similar issue where something caught on fire and I couldn't extinguish it. After panicking for like a solid five minutes I reset/debugged the items on fire by right clicking on them with testingcheats active. It didn't work right away because you have to make sure every single item on fire has been debugged but it I eventually got them all and the fire was gone. All I can say is those damn incense holders really aren't worth the hassle Frown

Message 46 of 50 (2,201 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This happens a lot. I have to click on one exact spot of the fire to being able to put it out. The spot seems to be close to the bottom of the fire.

Also, there's a routing issue, sometimes sims can't get close enough to the fire to put it out, even when it looks like they should be able to get close to the fire, so I have to wait for the fire to get bigger to actually being able to put it out. This problem occurred in the science lab between the invention constructor and the microscope, and it looked like it was enough space for a sim to walk there and put out the fire, but they got the thinking bubble of something being in the way.

Message 47 of 50 (2,129 Views)

Re: Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

Hero

You can now extinguish a fire, even if the fire is within another object.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 50 (20,622 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

★★★ Apprentice

Hello, this issue is still happening in 2020. What details from my game do you need, to prove it?

They also can't put out fires because... somehow they can't find a path to it, it seems? This happens despite the Sims having just used the object, and the object having clear paths to access it.

Thanks,

-sketchur

Message 49 of 50 (1,973 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims can't put out a fire because there is fire??

Hero
@sketchur Do you get the exact message as OP or just a routing failure.

As this was fixed patches ago, it's best to make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 50 (1,936 Views)