[FIXED] Sims can't help toddlers to potty

by minkydpain

Original Post

Re: Unable to teach toddlers after the June Update

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issues.  Both of my toddlers' parents are young adult vampires with level 10 parenting skill.  They constantly check on the toddlers, but all they really do is disrupt the toddlers' action, and possibly pick them up and put them down without actually helping. 

Message 111 of 134 (1,125 Views)

Parenting commands don't work

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try parenting commands
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won't do parenting commands
What do you expect to see? When I tell them to potty train the parent walks away. The command to teach shapes or blocks doesn't even come up if the toddler is already playing. If you have parent teach them shapes or blocks again the parent walks away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after downloading Eco life.

Parenting commands aren't working.  Cannot potty train or teach blocks. 

Message 112 of 134 (1,064 Views)

Re: Parenting commands don't work

★★★ Guide
@RachelElisabeth I'm experiencing this also. I have issues with the parenting commands "influence to.." and the command to do actions (homework, cleaning, etc.) at least in a family where my teenage daughter sim has moved away and is a part of another household. When she comes to visit the family, the parents can't make her do anything though at lvl 8-10 at parenting skill.
Message 113 of 134 (1,020 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I did not see this on the list that was listing on the patch. I was hoping this was on the list of it being fixed but not sure if they fixed this or not and maybe forgot to add it, either way I hope they get this fixed if not in the August patch, hopefully next month.

Message 114 of 134 (938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I just tried today and I have the August patch for Xbox and it is still broken.  I tried:

• Playing with my toddler on the Playhouse -  which failed
  • Teaching my toddler Shapes on the blocks - They again will carry them there, but then just wander off

So still not fixed.

Message 115 of 134 (897 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was really hoping this would be fixed when I checked simsvip and saw there's ANOTHER freaking patch less than a month after the last one. I really wish EA would get their sh together and stop releasing new packs that break the game every single time. So over this game.

Message 116 of 134 (860 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

★ Guide

This bug also causes toddler attention to be super low. They used to get attention when the caregivers would help them with actions. Now, it's super hard to keep attention up because when a toddler talks to someone, it doesn't count unless that sim is a caregiver. Since caregivers don't help toddlers with actions, there's less interaction between them causing attention to be constantly low. Toddlers still get attention talking to stuffed animals, so why not any sim?

Message 117 of 134 (828 Views)

Toddler - cannot receive help from adults for learning skills

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, realm of magic, university, get to work, seasons, pets, get together, spa day, dine out, vampires, get famous, parenthood, outdoor retreat, bunch of stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When an adult/young adult clicks on a toddler block set, or potty
What happens when the bug occurs? When you click 'help stack' or 'help with blocks' or 'potty train' the action disappears and the toddler does not get the skill boost from the adult.
What do you expect to see? The adult should be able to teach the toddler how to stack,build blocks or potty train without the action disappearing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please fix this bug

Message 118 of 134 (797 Views)

Re: Toddler - cannot receive help from adults for learning skills

★★★★ Apprentice

Same happens to me.  Parents just walk away from toddler and toddler carries on using the potty or blocks etc. 

Message 119 of 134 (739 Views)

Re: Toddler - cannot receive help from adults for learning skills

★★ Novice

I hope it gets fixed soon Frown

Message 120 of 134 (684 Views)