Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

by NAUGHTYPEACHY

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I've noticed my sims do the "play dolls with" autonomously, although it doesn't last, however that's it. This glitch can really be a pain in the booty if you're trying to attend to the little ones properly. :/

Message 121 of 134 (1,182 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just want to add that this includes playing with the dollhouse. Adults cannot play with their toddler children with the dollhouse. 

Message 122 of 134 (1,152 Views)

Hero
@NAUGHTYPEACHY Dolls have their own thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Play-Dolls-With-Interaction-Not-Working/td-p/92416...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 123 of 134 (1,143 Views)

Re: Toddler - cannot receive help from adults for learning skills

★★★★★ Novice

This doesn't look to be addressed in the patch notes today 9/3/20 either and yet another pack is getting ready to be released! Please, please, please fix this! This game is completely unplayable for me at this point! And I feel for anybody trying to do the 100 baby challenge!!

Message 124 of 134 (1,094 Views)

★★★ Guide
My adult sims keep dropping the toddlers on the potty and then walking away instead of actually potty training them.
Message 125 of 134 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too. Young adults have no option to potty train or teach with the blocks. When the toddler asks them to potty train the adult takes them to the potty and then just walks away. This only started to happen after the patch before the last small one.

Message 126 of 134 (1,005 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue also. Mom, teens, and kids are unable to help with blocks or potty. The options are there to start it (potty train ____ or teach _____  shapes) but they don't actually do it. I've tried several times, several sims, two different houses, two different neighborhoods. I do not have any cheats, mods, or custom content. I'm doing the 100 baby challenge and this has not worked for 28 babies and counting! Please, please, please fix! 

Message 127 of 134 (958 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am still having this problem too with all toddlers and all adults/teens not cueing up an action to potty train, teach blocks or play dolls (no matter who initiates the task). This new patch did not fix it either. When this problem first occurred in the second-to-last patch, I downloaded a mod to fix it (and it works great - it is linked further above in this thread). Today, out of curiosity, I decided to take out all my mods/cc and see if this problem was resolved by this latest patch and it is not. I sure hope this gets fixed in this next patch. It takes much longer to teach the toddlers since they don't get the boost from having an adult teach them. 

Message 128 of 134 (862 Views)

★★★ Guide
@AmyAnnLand Also still having this toddler issue in my game.
Message 129 of 134 (807 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. Parents will take the toddlers to the potty but wander off. Same with blocks and the interaction to play with them or help with potty once they’ve started is not there. 

Message 130 of 134 (752 Views)