Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: Any teenager, young adult, adult or elder sim tries to potty train, teach blocks (shapes, build tower, stack, etc.) or play dolls with a toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to join the toddler or teach the toddler will be missing if the toddler is already doing the action. If the toddler is not currently doing anything, the option to potty train, play dolls with or teach blocks will be there. If you select the option, the older sim will take the toddler to the activity to get started, but will not continue teaching the toddler after the activity starts. The toddler will complete the action on his/her own. The toddler seems to learn at the slower, independent rate because of this.
What do you expect to see? The older sim continue to teach the toddler and the toddler's learning rate to be higher than when doing the activity alone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After a patch, but I can't remember which one. It's been going on for a while and I'm just getting around to reporting it.
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made. I did not make any changes to my system, but I did all of the trouble shooting steps like deleting the mods folder and all cache's and temporary files. I also started a completely new save. This happens with both old and new saves.

Message 101 of 134 (1,122 Views)

★★ Novice
Product: SIMS 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?All, except for Eco Living and a few stuff packs
Steps: Have a toddler, try to potty train the toddler, try to play blocks with the toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Older SIM carries toddler to the place, but just stands there. Toddler gets no help.
What do you expect to see? Older SIMs being able to potty train their toddlers and help them with their blocks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but issue still continues when mods are removed
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made. The patch right before Eco Lifestyle

Message 102 of 134 (1,080 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this however it's not just elders but all sims. They can't help the toddler with anything and can't play dolls. The read to sleep command is also bugged if there is a living chair in the same room as the toddlers bed. 

Message 103 of 134 (929 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue, with both young adults and adults (including the parents of the toddler.)

Directly after the infamous June update, and up until the July 23rd update, my adults were unable to help potty train, teach blocks, and play at the dollhouse. After the July 23rd update, flash cards have been added to the "nope" category. Reading to sleep is also broken. So, basically...toddlers are broken.

Message 104 of 134 (921 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this too but I play on ps4. Strangely they can't Angry Poop either.

Message 105 of 134 (852 Views)

★ Guide
@aodoherty Yeah, exactly as I reported before, the game calls the wrong actions for your toddlers and when facing an error, parents will ignore the order and do something else.
Message 106 of 134 (831 Views)

★ Guide
@Desetoiles yes, unfortunately, and that makes me hate that june patch so much
Message 107 of 134 (830 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I hope they get this fixed, because I always play Toddlers in my sim game and it really makes my game hard with this issue. It also effects the skill on the Toddlers where it takes longer for the Potty skill to go up because of the lack of support in the game where Adults can't direct them and so it makes the game hard to play, also it really annoys me that Toddlers can't have Adults play with the doll house. I can't even click doll house to have the adults play with the toddlers or child. This game is hard to play and I just wish they would fix this. I was really hoping they would of had this fixed in this July patch but again more disappointment. 

Message 108 of 134 (785 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@AcaciaCEJ I had a angry poop today!! Havent seen that in a while. My child did it though out of nowhere i was suprised to see it but i play on pc
Message 109 of 134 (765 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this same issue in my current household. They live in the eco world and had their first child there, everything normal with her. Soon after they had twins who could not be potty trained or get instructions on build blocks.

Product: SIMS 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Swedish
How often does the bug occur? 100% in this household, I have not tried other games. 
What is your current game version number? Not sure but I just installed the july 23 patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?All except for jungle, knitting, vampire
Steps: Have a toddler, try to potty train the toddler, try to play blocks with the toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Older SIM carries toddler to the place, stands with the activity "wait for toddler", then blanks out when the toddler gets started. Toddler gets no help.
What do you expect to see? Older SIMs being able to potty train their toddlers and help them with their blocks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None, never had any. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made. The 8th july patch. Im sure I had a functioning toddler in the eco world before that. 

Message 110 of 134 (680 Views)