Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

by PriestessAvenara

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue and it doesn't seem to have been fixed with the most recent patch. Has the Patch fixed it for anyone else?

Message 91 of 134 (1,305 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PBbear wrote:

I'm having the same issue and it doesn't seem to have been fixed with the most recent patch. Has the Patch fixed it for anyone else?

Addressed in this patch were some high priority issues kept people from even opening the game to play.

Here are the notes explaining what was addressed.
[PC/Mac/Console] Patch Notes - July 8th, 2020
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PC-Mac-Console-Patch-Notes-July-8th-2020/m-p/9297731#M...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 92 of 134 (1,287 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have this issue with any adult and teens helping toddlers. 

Message 93 of 134 (1,257 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PBbear nope, it wasn't even mentioned in the notes.. I really hope they'll address this one soon as well as the manic white cake baking and gardening issues. The game is pretty much unplayable for me right now except for CAS and B/B :<
Message 94 of 134 (1,222 Views)

★★ Pro
Product: SIMS 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All including the most current. (Eco Lifestyles is the most current at the moment)
Steps: Have a toddler, try to potty train the toddler, try to play blocks with the toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Older SIM carries toddler to the place, but just stands there. Toddler gets no help.
What do you expect to see? Older SIMs being able to potty train their toddlers and help them with their blocks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I used to have mods, but I took them out and did a clean repair. I've never had CC.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made. The patch right before Eco Lifestyle

As a side note, I can't play with dolls with my toddlers/children and I can't read bedtime stories either although that isn't part of the this thread. i felt it was worth mentioning for more information.
Message 95 of 134 (1,167 Views)

★★ Pro

Apparently, not only do me too's help but so does filling out the form. So as a player who really wants to see this fixed I'm asking all of you who are sick of this bug to fill out this form too in this thread. Please be as detailed as you can. Thank you in advanced for those of you who do.

Product: 
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.
Message 96 of 134 (1,166 Views)

★ Guide
@PriestessAvenara I could fill more of these bug reports detailing all the issues I see on a normal playthrough, but not only it is tedious as it feels like the problems are constantly ignored by the team. And taking what @EuphorialQueen said above, fixing crashes and improving stability is important, but many are unable to actually play the game as these issues prevent you from actually enjoying it's features to it's fullest ( like raising their children ). Just wish they could balance their priorities a bit as the bugs and glitches are stacking up as more packs are released ( or getting worse as they mix up with existing issues ).
Message 97 of 134 (1,068 Views)

★★ Pro

@Vatzfu  It is tedious, but right now I'm desperate for them to fix these problems. So I wanted to do whatever it took to get results. I'm definitely not a fan of their style of pushing out expansions over taking their time to make sure their packs don't break the game and relying on us figuring out what's going on. I know people are also have little patience for what's just happened, but if there is even a little hope there is still one thing left we can do to get things fixed I feel like a few minutes is a price worth paying. It's harder to ignore and it isn't like we can get rid of a universal update that I'm aware of or I'd be rolling back to before this mess ever happened and enjoying the game again. If the EA telephone service is going to say we don't have enough reports because of an annoying survey and that gives them some kind of right to ignore us, we should make ourselves heard.

If you disagree, that's fine. It is a pain to fill out the survey. That's why the me too button is there and honestly that should be good enough. In another thread with over 50 pages and a 50 points on the thread, somehow that didn't matter when someone called because not enough official reports were filled out in it. I don't know about you, but that wasn't okay with me there or here. Jumping through hoops isn't acceptable or ideal, but it does get our point across that we did what they wanted now we expect the problem fixed. They lost their last excuse to ignore us. I'm really sick of them ignoring me which their month long patch pretty much did.

Message 98 of 134 (1,024 Views)

★ Guide
@PriestessAvena No, I don't disagree, but if you reach their Twitter, you'll see the gurus surrounded by fans who are totally ok with the product offered.
Every single post there has two kinds of tweets : One endorsing gurus and criticizing everyone who complains with the same line ( Don't you appreciate what they give us? ) while the others are calling them out for doing livestreams and events instead of taking a good look at the forums ( check the other Sims forums too, they changed rules so you can't make threads complaining there unless you level up your account ) and fixing/improving their game.
I don't discourage anyone from making new reports, but keep your eyes open for these other places too.
Message 99 of 134 (986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I have a kind of same issue. Recently, I got twins from my married couple. For teaching blocks, it's available only to their son, not their daughter. When I click on blocks, 'teach shapes to James' and building a tower are available. They go away while potty training their toddlers but luckily the skill was still going up even though the toddlers do potty themselves. . They cannot teach shapes to their daughter. They go away while teaching shapes to their son. There's no other issue except for these ones.

update

I found a new thing today.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

When Noelle plays with blocks, unable to help the shapes to Noelle. When James plays with blocks, unable to help the shapes to James.

Neither teaching shape nor teaching build work on the toddlers. Parent sims don't care about teaching things or go away from toddlers while teaching. But for me, flash cards works mostly but sometimes, the parent sims don't recognize flash cards' interaction and they do something else instead of playing flash cards with the toddlers.

Message 100 of 134 (953 Views)