Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

by TygerNight

Original Post

Toddler interactions broken

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4 latest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but bowling and vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Potty train a toddler or teach blocks
What happens when the bug occurs? Adult sim starts but walks away to hop in tub or drink warmer every time. Rarely, my toddler goes all spazzy and will “grow” tall
What do you expect to see? Sims to complete interactions,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest update

That’s all nothing to add

Message 61 of 134 (1,370 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bra1nBlast3d Thank you for the mod! It now works perfectly on my Mac and just like before the patch.
Message 62 of 134 (1,301 Views)

★ Guide

this is very frustrating.

Message 63 of 134 (1,271 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem but with the adult parents. It happened after the same patch as well.

Message 64 of 134 (1,250 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same exact problem on multiple saved games where the adult will take the toddler to the potty or to the blocks. Then they'll never get the command to "potty train" or "teach shapes/stack" and just leave. I'm not sure if the toddler is getting the added boost in skill level increase since the adult always leaves. This happens with every toddler and adult in every world/household/saved game. Same problem with the doll house. Especially if the toddler is already playing, if the adult clicks on the dollhouse, there are no options. And if the toddler selects "play with", the adult never carries it out. 

I've tried to remove  every but it still keeps happening. I've repaired my game and ensured that the game (and my computer) are up to date. This started immediately after the recent patch. 

Message 65 of 134 (1,221 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This was happening with my Young Adult parent of the toddler, too.

Message 66 of 134 (1,204 Views)

Re: Problems with toddlers after June 3rd 2020 patch

★★ Apprentice

No, my direct parents of the toddler both could not help her with potty. They are both young adults, not adopted, etc. And the potty action keeps cancelling for a level one potty toddler.

Message 67 of 134 (1,211 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this still happening for everyone??

Message 68 of 134 (1,136 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes. Still having the problem of parents not potty training, teaching blocks or playing with the dollhouse with toddlers. The action to actually "teach" or "train" never appears no matter who (toddler or adult) asks for the task. I removed all my mods and cc and still had the problem. Even repaired my game too. I'm having this problem on all 3 of my saves. I don't have children so I'm not sure about them, but for sure it's happening with all toddlers and all of their care dependents. 

Message 69 of 134 (1,110 Views)

★ Guide

It's happening for me and I'm on a PS4, most seem to be posting about playing on PCs. My parents just stand there waiting after putting the toddler on the potty or in front of the blocks.

Message 70 of 134 (1,078 Views)