Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

by Chushii58

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@minkydpain I have this issue too, sims I tried it with were Teen, YA and Adult. There's no option to help the toddler with the potty or the blocks and if you direct them to help by clicking on the blocks or potty beforehand they take the toddler there and then go off and do something else.
Message 41 of 134 (1,923 Views)

Re: Unable to teach toddlers after the June Update

★★ Apprentice
@SersieSugita I'm having the some of these same issues. Both with adults and other members of the family on the lot. My sim carries the toddler to the toilet but then walks away once the toddler sits down. Even with autonomy off or on, doesn't matter who I'm currently controlling either.
Child sister can't teach toddler brother blocks (option is there). They walk there but then she just stands there and doesn't teach, then walks away. Again doesn't matter my autonomy settings.
Adult can't teach toddler things. Generally takes the toddler to whatever then just walks away.

However I am able to play with toddlers at items last time I loaded my toddler save files. So I can't speak for this issue. But I am having this problem.
Message 42 of 134 (1,913 Views)

Is anyone having problems with they're toddlers/potty training>?

★★★★ Novice

ok so since the new eco pack came out, and I updated my computer w the new pack and update, i have been having super amounts of issues with potty training my toddlers, they are definately more defiant. like literally they will make 100 messes in a row unless i Shift + clk them and reset them, i know its like kind of a minor thing, but potty training the toddlers is like one of the few cool things you can actually do with the toddlers, other than the same boring asz other things. is anyone else having this issue with the new update?

OR 

would someone be kind enough to help me?! thnx x

xoxo 

tarah aka leanteamqueen

Message 43 of 134 (1,909 Views)

@leanteamqueen  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post and add any other relevant details.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 44 of 134 (1,883 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well. Teens and Young Adults for sure. Tried in my regular save with mods and in a fresh save with no mods or CC.

Message 45 of 134 (1,841 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so i thought that with the newest update again they just did that it would fix the solution but nope.. now all it does is just have my adult stand there for about fix seconds and then it just dissapears again. has anyone had any luck with this problem yet? im assuming that its just the new update that did it. has anyone tried to repair they're game through the origin platform? im going to try to do it this morning once i get home from work. ill let you guys know what happens when i try it! wish me luck!

Message 46 of 134 (1,801 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this problem as well since the latest patch. I only played with an adult since then. Never had problems like this before. I have never used any mods or CC.

Message 47 of 134 (1,786 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having this issue as well. Unable to potty train toddlers, older sims just brings toddler to potty then walks away without helping the toddler . 

Message 48 of 134 (1,756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

same problem still, its very frustrating when you're trying to get you toddler to potty lvl 2 and the parents leave and ignore them

Message 49 of 134 (1,724 Views)

Adult Sims cannot help toddlers with potty or blocks

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult try to potty train a toddler, or teach shapes on the blocks, etc. (possibly reading to toddler as well.)
What happens when the bug occurs? Adult takes toddler to where the task is to occur, but the toddler does it on his own, and the adult leaves. No task ever queues up for the adult, except for TAKING TO the potty, or blocks. The only thing that queues up while toddler is being to sit down at blocks before play begins, is "waiting for toddler". When toddler begins playing with blocks or is sitting on the potty, the adult doesn't have anything in queue, then they leave to toddler to do it alone.
What do you expect to see? Adults or teens having the ability to help teach toddlers, and toddlers having that boost to skill up faster.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Change was not in my computer, but only game downloads... This is the first time I played with a toddler in the family since before I loaded the update (the one just before Eco Lifestyle came out) and the small patch after Eco came out, so I'm not sure if it was the one before or after Eco was downloaded. It never happened before, with or without mods. Now it happens with and without mods.

When an adult takes a toddler to teach to potty or teach on blocks, they take the toddler to do the task, (put on potty, or take to blocks) then they never help and it's not in the queue. The adult leaves while the toddler continues to do that task on his own, but without the added boost in skill leveling from being helped. The only thing the adult does is take the toddler to where the task will take place, but does not help. After standing there for a moment, the adult leaves to do other things. When I have the toddler begin a task on his own, and then have the adult try to join to help, there are no options at all to Teach Potty or Teach blocks, etc. I have not tried it on reading to the toddler, yet. I was frustrated and went out of my game, removed ALL my mods, saved, reloaded and it does the same thing.

The potty and blocks are in perfect positions, with nothing blocking the path or near anything that will prevent adult Sims from helping toddlers use them. The adult does not give any indications that he/she cannot do that task (no waving to me, like they can't do it). Toddlers are able to go on to using the items on their own (potty too, because their trait is "independent") ; Adults can drop them off to begin a task, but they never have the help part in their queue. I click on the potty or blocks with adult Sims selected, to queue up taking them to teach them.  I have not yet tried bathing, reading to, putting to bed, or flashcards, etc. to see if that worked okay. 

Message 50 of 134 (1,715 Views)