Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

by EeveeTinn

Original Post

Re: Parents not parenting

Champion (Retired)

@therhythmicbabe 

Have you tried directing them to do Parenting things or read partenting books to increase the skill?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 134 (2,582 Views)

Re: Parents not parenting

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, yes I click on the toddler and there is no option to help with blocks or potty. The children have the help with homework but the sim just stands there, These are not new parents so not to do with level.The grandparents are level 10 and they can't help. It's a definite glitch since the patch.

Thanks for your help.

Message 12 of 134 (2,566 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same here and it’s not just with elders. It’s teens, young adults and adults. And it’s not extended family - the parent cannot teach the toddlers. 

It happens 100% of the time for me. 

This is seriously affecting my gameplay because I’m doing a 100 baby challenge.

Message 13 of 134 (3,075 Views)

Teaching toddlers

★★★ Novice

Toddler interaction is not working properly after the latest update. I have installed the latest update and the latest ep. When I try to teach toddlers potty or blocks, the parent teaches them for a few seconds, then walks away and does something else. I then click on the toddler to get my parent back teaching them but the option to teach is no longer there even though the toddler is still learning the skill.

Message 14 of 134 (2,703 Views)

Bad Blocks (Literally)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a toddler ask an adult to teach about "Spelling" or "Stacking" with 'Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks' Or Have a toddler to learn 'Spelling' or 'Build a Tower' with the 'Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks' then make an adult help the toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? If a Toddler is currently Stacking blocks, when an adult comes to help, the action is cancelled, and if done manually, the option that will show up is "Teach Spelling", and if the Toddler is actually 'Spelling Words', the option that comes for an adult who is able to assist is "Teach to build a tower"
What do you expect to see? When a Toddler is stacking the blocks, an adult should help them build a tower When they are Spelling words, the adults should teach them to spell
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63.134.1020

This one is sad, I find it a pain to teach certain skills to Toddlers, but this bug is making it worse!

The case is simple, any adult who tries to help the toddler in any way while it uses the 'Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks' will fail at it, the action queue for it will vanish as soon as it starts, and if you try to do it manually, the actions are wrong!

If a toddler is learning to spell words with the blocks, adults will be presented with "Teach (name of toddler) to Build Tower" when you click the blocks

If a toddler is building a tower with the blocks, adults will be presented with "Teach Spelling to (name of toddler)" when you click the blocks.

The screenshots included show the blocks in question, and what happens when I ask the mother to help the toddler, The toddler is stacking blocks to build a tower, but she can only "Teach spelling" when the toddler stacks.

Message 15 of 134 (2,937 Views)

Re: Problems with toddlers after June 3rd 2020 patch

★★★ Novice

Me too! My sim had already 61 children and everything was working fine until the new update. I hope they address this issue soon. 
One thing I noticed: toddlers will gain the skill as fast as if the adult/elder would help them - even if they fail to assist due to the bug. 

Message 16 of 134 (2,913 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Same issue, after the same patch. Also never used mods.

Message 17 of 134 (2,887 Views)

★★ Guide

Same issue. Also all age groups/household members. The caregiver will take the toddler to potty and then walk away. There is then no option to go potty train from the caregiver menu, nor for the toddler to "invite to potty train" from their menu. Identical issue with the blocks. They'll start, stop and then can't go teach the toddler and the toddler cannot request help. 

Message 18 of 134 (2,886 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@minkydpain

Also having this one. My matriarch was helping potty train like normal, and then straight out walked away when the toddler wasn't done yet.
Message 19 of 134 (2,860 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, even the toddler can't acomplish the traditions of the holidays.

Message 20 of 134 (2,791 Views)