Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims can't help toddlers to potty

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? an elder interacts with toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? If i have an elder sim(not tested on adults yet) help a toddler us the potty or blocks it will take the toddler there and get it started, but then they will stop assisting the toddler (even if the toddler is under level 2 skill in potty) if you try to go back to assisting the toddler, the interaction will time out and the elder will do something else. the same actions happen on a toddler that is already playing blocks or using potty by themselves. Elder sim cannot assist. Elder sim's read toddler to sleep interaction was able to be interfered with, with out the interaction being canceled
What do you expect to see? sims should continue assisting toddler unless you dismiss the interaction, and if you do dismiss interation or if the toddler is already using the potty or blocks, sims should be able to start assisting. the "read to toddler" interaction should either cancel if another sim messes with toddler, or it should prevent another sim from picking up the toddler mid interaction
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 3rd 2020 patch

After adding the patch to my game I started a save that I hand been playing the night before,  i'm using my elder sim, it's grandparent as the caretaker for the toddler, first i noticed I could not get the grandparent to assist the toddler stacking blocks, then I had the grand parent take the toddler to the potty, (toddler was still lvl 1 in the skill) and the grandparent stopped assisting. the toddler continued to use the potty even though he'd not leveled up. could not get the grandparent to resume assisting with potty. after bathing the toddler, I had the grand parent read toddler to sleep, this interaction was semi interfered with as the adult parent came in an picked up the toddler, after it was in the bed, grand parent did not stop reading i dismissed the adult's interaction and the toddler had to climb back into the bed, but the read to toddler interaction with the grandparent never canceled. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 134 (12,953 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

Hero

Had a good talk with Sims that had neglected their duties with their Toddlers. They can go back to Potty Training and Read to Sleep to their little angels.

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

Looks like there's only a partial fix. Blocks may still be bugged.

Please create a new thread if there's still issues with the blocks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 134 of 134 (7,501 Views)

All Replies

Re: Problems with toddlers after June 3rd 2020 patch

Hero
@minkydpain Haven't read everything sorry but could it have to do with this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Toddlers-cannot-interact-with-extended-family/td... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 134 (12,846 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

no because i was playing this game just fine even late last night, its not until the patch this morning that this has become a problem

Message 3 of 134 (12,813 Views)

Hero
@minkydpain Could you try then if it's an issue for all ages

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 134 (12,807 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this issue with YA

Message 5 of 134 (12,753 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@minkydpainCould you try then if it's an issue for all ages

I can't speak for the OP, but I'm experiencing the same issue. Given the fact that I'm currently playing a 100 Baby Challenge I was able to test the tutoring with both Young Adults and Teens, with the same result: both those age groups failed the tutoring as explained by the OP. I also repaired the game, and tried a brand new safe but nothing changed. It looks like a bug spawned by the new patch. I'm playing vanilla, by the way.  

Message 6 of 134 (12,671 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims can't help toddlers to potty or play blocks

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here. Playing on PS4. Both parents are adults and cannot assist with most toddler activities. Luckily she’s about to age up, so no potty training still needed. 

I tried multiple things. Dollhouse, for example, if the toddler clicks on it and chooses “Play with...” and selects a parent, she will then go play at the dollhouse, but the parent will never join. If the parent clicks dollhouse and the “Play with...” the same thing happens, toddler goes there, parent doesn’t move. While playing at the dollhouse a toddler used to be able to click on an adult and say something like “ask to join playing dolls,” and the adult would run over to play. That dialogue option is gone. Even tried this with Patchy, since he’s played with kids before, but still not an option. (I think he’s marked as young adult?) Also, used to be an option if the toddler was already playing the parent could click dollhouse and hit “Join,” there is now no ability to even click if the kiddo is already there. Same basic thing with the blocks except the parent will walk over to the blocks, just won’t do anything. 

Not sure if it is somehow related, but the “Play with...” option is also missing from our chess table for the child sim. Didn’t mess with that one since he doesn’t need to play chess rn anyway. Just was clicking around on other things where that was an option before to see. Water balloons “Play with” function worked fine. 

Message 7 of 134 (12,618 Views)

★ Guide

Same here with 3 sims all set as Care Givers. 

Only since patch. Replicatable. 

Young Adult mother (parenting 10) & Adult aunt (parenting 4) & uncle (parenting 5) - both of the latter have the toddlers set as Care Dependents - all begin helping the toddler with potty training & all of them drop the action from their queue & leave at the same time every attempt: 1/4 of the way through the first trying to potty action, well before the toddler gets to the use potty action. Both toddlers were first level potty.

Toddler remains on the potty, the caregiver cannot restart the dropped action as it no longer shows on the radial menu for either the toddler or the potty.

No mods or cc. All packs except Eco Lifestyle.

Message 8 of 134 (12,560 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here, i have tried different ages, households and parents and non parents and they drop the action to potty train/teach shapes etc straight away and can't add it.  Toddler can't 'invite to potty train''teach shapes' either.

Definitely only happening since patch.  

Message 9 of 134 (12,487 Views)

Parents not parenting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My Sim parents are just ignoring their kids. They take toddlers to the potty, or the blocks, but then they do nothing. They go to the dollhouse but don't kneel down and play with toddlers or children. My children and teens ask for help but whomever they ask, parents, grandparents, siblings, npc's they get no help. It's a struggle.

I play with no mods on PC.

I have cleared everything and reloaded.

It has been happening since the first recent patch 3rd June.

I've taken to playing with the childless generations.

Message 10 of 134 (11,851 Views)