Retired champion.
Message 11 of 116 (6,019 Views)

Re: Cant cook in kitchen

Hero

@Twigglet-de-trol Merged. Please refer to the first post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 116 (6,021 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Sims will not cook

★★★ Newbie

This link is not helpful.  I already know how to make them cook.  But the sims are not cooking.  The money decreases, but nothing else happens.

Message 13 of 116 (6,004 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Sims can't cook/can't use fridge

Hero

@serenaansettloon @jennj75 Merged your thread. 

Please refer to the first post for possible solutions and help pinpoint this issue by answering the questions.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 116 (5,994 Views)

Food

★★★ Newbie

When i click on the fridge it takes the money but they can't make anything, basically the only thing they have been eating is yogurt.  That's the only thing that it will let them eat.  It's so weird but so very frustrating. 

Message 15 of 116 (5,986 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Sims will not cook

★★★ Newbie

I found my solution. Bought a new fridge.

Message 16 of 116 (5,980 Views)

Re: Food

Hero

@kristinlong27 Merged. Please refer to the first post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 116 (5,975 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • Are you using a laptop or a dekstop computer ? Desktop
  • What are your basic specs (Processor, Graphics Card, RAM, Operating System, Free disc space) ?
    • Intel i7-3930k CPU@ 3.2 GHz
    • OS Win 8.1 Pro
    • RAM 16 GB DDR3/1866 MHz
    • Dual nVidia GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    • Gigabyte x79 Motherboard w/ onboard Dolby 7.1 audio
    • 1TB SATA III HDD w/ 705 GB free
  • Do you have any files called lastexception.txt (in the folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\) with a date that close to the first occurrence of the bug ? (if so, please upload the file to some file sharing site and include the link in your post). http://pastebin.com/RDFdYxty  I'm no expert but it looks like it hinges on the family relationship somewhere.  It is freaking out over the incest test? Probably why I don't have a problem now that I killed the sister.
  • Do any of the above workaround work for you and if so, which one ? Repairing the game actually caused the problem for me – I was trying to fix the resetting sims issue.       Deleting the cache fixed it for a short while.
  • Does the issue reoccur after a while ? Yes
  • Are you using custom content or mods in your game ? No
  • At what point did you give the command when you first encountered the issue (ex.: Sims was sleeping and cooking was queued, Sim was doing nothing and just sent to cook) ? Sim came home from work and I told her to cook.
  • Are all the Sims in your household affected or only certain ones ? At the time I had one adult and one child, so just the adult was affected.
  • What happen if you switch active households ? Do they have the bug as well ? I don’t play rotationally
  • If you then switch back, do the existing Sims still have the issue ? N/A
  • What career does the Sim have that first made the bug occur ? She was a painter
  • Anything else you think important ? It only happens when there are two or more sims in the household. I have never had the issue with a solo sim.       In this household, I aged the child to a teen and her big sis died. She has not had a single hiccup with any of her actions now.
Message 18 of 116 (5,959 Views)

★ Apprentice

Since I came across here on my search for answers and problem solving ... here's my input.

Are you using a laptop or a dekstop computer ?
Desktop

What are your basic specs (Processor, Graphics Card, RAM, Operating System, Free disc space) ?
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.7GHz
AMD Radeon R9 270
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1
200GB free disc space

Do you have any files called lastexception.txt (in the folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\) with a date that close to the first occurrence of the bug ? (if so, please upload the file to some file sharing site and include the link in your post).
Unfortunately not. I had some graphic card issues that were causing a ton of those files so the initial lastexception.txt from the first occurrence is gone. However, I just had the error turn up again and the lastexception.txt has the date and timestamp from that. uploaded to pastebin, anyway. http://pastebin.com/4urMuKhP

Do any of the above workaround work for you and if so, which one ?
Restarting game did not help, but repairing the game did. Since then I always use repair game when the error occurs again and don't really try any of the others.

Does the issue reoccur after a while ?
Unfortunately, yes. Also in another household (tried starting a fresh household and got the error again after a while). I had this happening a couple of times now.

Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?
I did use Custom Content in between but right now there are none in my game (took them out, deleted cage files) and the error still reoccurred.

At what point did you give the command when you first encountered the issue (ex.: Sims was sleeping and cooking was queued, Sim was doing nothing and just sent to cook) ?
The first time, the sim was doing nothing and I tried to get her to eat food from the fridge (pre-cooked meals stored in the fridge) and she would not. I then tried to have her cook something, money gone, but the cooking action vanished from the queue directly after being queued. Tried another sim to have him cook and the same thing happened.

Are all the Sims in your household affected or only certain ones ?
Everyone in the family was affected. No one was able to cook or just grab a serving from an already cooked meal.

What happen if you switch active households ? Do they have the bug as well ?
Did not try. I usually only play one household. Will try that next time around.

If you then switch back, do the existing Sims still have the issue ?
N/A

What career does the Sim have that first made the bug occur ?
None. The first sim I noticed it on was a teen. The parents in the household were in the Tech Guru and Astronaut careers.

Anything else you think important ?
The error happened after updating with the last patch. I never had the error happening before that.
Right before it happened, I aged up the girl in the family with a birthday cake. Automatic aging was on, but I aged her up way before she would have aged up 'naturally'.
When the error occurred I tried ResetSim, thinking the aging up might have broken her. Did not work. I tried cooking with both adults and it did not work (one of which had a high cooking skill, the other a very low one), restarting the game did not help. I also tried bying a new fridge (same type and then also a different type), thinking that it might be the fridge that is bugged. New fridge did not help and the same error kept happening. I only managed to resolve it after repairing the game.
I always play with autonomy on.

The poster before me said it did not happen to them in single sim households. Unfortunately, I can't confirm that. I recently started a new household (to see if it would still happen) and just now he returned from vacation and after tending to his garden I wanted him to eat some food from the fridge and it was bugged again. No taking a serving from already cooked food and no cooking possible.

Will keep track of the occurrences and collect more input. Hope this helps to identify the problem.

Message 19 of 116 (5,954 Views)

Hero

Thank you both for your detailed reports.

I do hope this helps.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 116 (5,951 Views)