by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sims can't cook/can't use fridge

Hero

Maybe some other mod is conflicting ? Remove them all and try on a vanilla game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 101 of 116 (3,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

UPDATE: FIXED! READ BECAUSE THIS MIGHT HELP YOU

I took the steps to make a backup file and use the factory setting Sims 4 and slowly add back my tray, saves, mods, etc. I found out that my mod Babies for Everyone was the root of the problem. The reason for this is because after updating Sims 4, my downloaded version of the mod was no longer compatible with the newly updated Sims 4. SO, every time you update your game, make sure to replace your mods with the newer version of the mod that is compatible with the new version of Sims 4.

Message 102 of 116 (3,720 Views)

★ Novice

Bless this post.

Message 103 of 116 (3,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried the method above (about updating the mods, since I had the same Babies for Everyone mod) and it worked! My Sims are cooking and eating again.

Message 104 of 116 (3,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is an issue I've been having for a long time now. 

• Are you using a laptop or a dekstop computer? Laptop, specifically a Macbook Pro.
  • What are your basic specs (Processor, Graphics Card, RAM, Operating System, Free disc space)? 2 GHz Intel Core i7, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.3, 129.85 GB free of 249.78 GB.
  • Do you have any files called lastexception.txt (in the folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\) with a date that close to the first occurrence of the bug ? (if so, please upload the file to some file sharing site and include the link in your post). Yes, this file has all the Last Exception files I currently have (some did get deleted), https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lq6f02qrqdsgxwm/AAD18gs1aheIecMTn9qhx_uVa?dl=0
  • Do any of the above workaround work for you and if so, which one? If they do, it's only temporary. 
  • Does the issue reoccur after a while? Yes.
  • Are you using custom content or mods in your game? Yes, just custom content.
  • At what point did you give the command when you first encountered the issue (ex.: Sims was sleeping and cooking was queued, Sim was doing nothing and just sent to cook)? Happens anytime during the game, whether my sims are active or not. 
  • Are all the Sims in your household affected or only certain ones? All sims.
  • What happen if you switch active households ? Do they have the bug as well? Yes.
  • If you then switch back, do the existing Sims still have the issue? Yes.
  • What career does the Sim have that first made the bug occur? Unsure, this has been happening for a while.
  • Anything else you think important ?
Message 105 of 116 (3,588 Views)

Hero

And your game is all updated ?

Do you have the same issue on a fresh game for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 106 of 116 (3,580 Views)

★ Novice

This was happening to me for something like 5 months.  I couldn't really play with my sims not being able to eat.  And I had other glitches, too, but those sorted themselves out.  This one stuck around.

Yesterday, I figured out (finally!) what was causing it for me.

It was one out of date mod.  That's what did it.  My computer is more than capable of handling the game (and had done so perfectly before this started), so I knew it wasn't that. so I searched the internet for solutions, but none of them seemed to work.

So, like the problems of Sims 3, I tried the take out all the mods you have, see if you still have the glitch, and I didn't.  So I slowly started adding them in.  I knew the custom content woudln't do anything with it (though I did find a few that were now glitched after a few patches and now had my sim with its top half invisible), none of them showed up, so then I started working with my script mods.  And there was one that added this glitch to my game:

Adoption Enhancer.

Message 107 of 116 (3,520 Views)

Hero

Going to mark this as solved cause lately all reports have been mod related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 108 of 116 (57,181 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims can't cook/can't use fridge

★★ Novice

I did all of that and it still doesn't work

Message 109 of 116 (3,473 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims can't cook/can't use fridge

Hero

Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 110 of 116 (3,469 Views)