Re: [Info Request] Sims can't cook/can't use fridge

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims can't cook/can't use fridge

[ Edited ]
Hero

Since this has become a fairly common problem which is not reproducible, I like to get some info from those affected.

Symptoms

Sims can't use the fridge to cook. When told to cook, the money is deducted from your funds but the Sims won't do as told.

Workarounds

Please provide the following information

• Are you using a laptop or a dekstop computer ?
  • What are your basic specs (Processor, Graphics Card, RAM, Operating System, Free disc space) ?
  • Do you have any files called lastexception.txt (in the folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\) with a date that close to the first occurrence of the bug ? (if so, please upload the file to some file sharing site and include the link in your post).
  • Do any of the above workaround work for you and if so, which one ?
  • Does the issue reoccur after a while ?
  • Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?
  • At what point did you give the command when you first encountered the issue (ex.: Sims was sleeping and cooking was queued, Sim was doing nothing and just sent to cook) ?
  • Are all the Sims in your household affected or only certain ones ?
  • What happen if you switch active households ? Do they have the bug as well ? 
  • If you then switch back, do the existing Sims still have the issue ?
  • What career does the Sim have that first made the bug occur ?
  • Anything else you think important ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 116 (84,650 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sims can't cook/can't use fridge

Hero

Going to mark this as solved cause lately all reports have been mod related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 108 of 116 (56,872 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
I just had this start to happen last night.  Here are my answers:

Please provide the following information

• Are you using a laptop or a dekstop computer ? Laptop
  • What are your basic specs (Processor, Graphics Card, RAM, Operating System, Free disc space) ? Processor - i7-4710HQ; Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 970M; RAM: 16 gb, OS: WIn 8.1; Free disc space: 400gb
  • Do you have any files called lastexception.txt (in the folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\) with a date that close to the first occurance of the bug ? Yes.. it happened last night and I have one from last night.
  • Do any of the above workaround work for you and if so, which one ?
  • Does the issue reoccur after a while ?
  • Are you using custom content or mods in your game ? No
  • At what point did you give the command when you first encountered the issue (ex.: Sims was sleeping and cooking was queued, Sim was doing nothing and just sent to cook) ? Sim was active and I queued several actions.  None of them happened.
  • Are all the Sims in your household affected or only certain ones ?  All.  They also cannot shower or use the toilet.  WHen I click on the fridge and choose "quick meal", they will pull one from thin air at the spot they are at - not go to the fridge.
  • What happen if you switch active households ? Do they have the bug as well ? 
  • If you then switch back, do the existing Sims still have the issue ?
  • What career does the Sim have that first made the bug occur ? Sim this first happened to is musician
  • Anything else you think important ? This happened in a play session of a couple hours where there were times when the game was paused (my baby woke up IRL).  The first thing that happened was a "stuck pregnancy" where I had the notification that my sims could take family leave, the bassinet showed up, but sim didn't go into labour, couldn't have the baby, etc.  Had to reset that particular sim and then she eventually went into labour.  This happened some time after that. The first sim that had the bug with the fridge was NOT the sim with the pregnancy issue but the same household.

I went to try to switch households to finish off these questions..but when I opened the game this time, the bug was gone.  All that I did was close origin overnight - computer stayed on..then opened the game.  And the bug was gone.  Didn't change save file, didn't repair, etc.  Today it is just working fine when last night it was bugged insanely.

Not sure if this information will help.

Message 2 of 116 (84,343 Views)

Hero

Thank you.

Every info is helpful. Could you upload that lastexception file somewhere or paste the content into pastebin.com and put the link here.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 116 (84,323 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 4 of 116 (84,299 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Thanks. I hope that helps the devs narrow the error down. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 116 (84,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My household has 4 adults and 2 children. None of the adults will cook, although the money still gets deducted. I've tried ordering, but the delivery person never shows up, again I still get charged. About the only thing that they can do is eat the quick meal cereal. If not for that they would all starve to death. The other quick meals don't seem to work, just the cereal. All my adults have different careers: Comedy, Writer, Artist, and Rocket Scientist. 2 of them are at cooking level 5. I have no Mods or custom content and I use a desktop. It's not something that's happened only once, it's constant. Since it began I've only been able to cook twice. I haven't tried saving files to a flash drive to repair because I don't own a flash drive, but I have tried changing households and then changing back and also cleaning the temp files from the computer and that doesn't work. I honestly don't remember specifics from when it first started except that my Sims were awake and the actions just wouldn't show up when I clicked on the fridge or stove.

Hope this info is a little helpful.

Message 6 of 116 (84,275 Views)

Hero

Did you try right click on the game in Origin and click repair game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 116 (84,269 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have found just closing the game and restarting it fixes the issue for me. My friend also confirms that this works for her too and repair is not necessary.   The other day I repaired my game before I loaded it and it loaded the 'broken' stove/fridge.

I only see this issue occasionally though and not for a few days now.

Message 8 of 116 (84,237 Views)

Cant cook in kitchen

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I cant cook food on my stove. I click on the stove and fridge; the money disappears but the sim wont perform the action. What should i do?

Thanks Simon

Message 9 of 116 (83,884 Views)

Sims 4 Sims will not cook

★★★ Newbie

I saw there was an issue in the past with sim not being able to cook. I am having this issue now & have been unable to resolve. Any resolution out there?

Message 10 of 116 (83,885 Views)