Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims can't catch frogs in ponds

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to the Magnolia Park in Willow Creek or travel to the park in Oasis. Go to the pond in the park. Click on the pond.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on the pond a info appears to go fishing only. There is no catch frogs interaction with the pond. It is missing.
What do you expect to see? There should two interactions with the pond to go fish or catch frogs for sims to do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bug is since the seasons expansion pack.

I send screenshot from that bug

Message 1 of 12 (6,204 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims can't catch frogs in ponds

★★★★ Pro

I noticed it was fixed before yesterday’s patch; I commented on it in a Rags to Riches video I recently did.  I expect it was fixed the Get Famous update, as I hadn’t noticed it was fixed before then. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (4,920 Views)

All Replies

Hero
I noticed this too and while I don't know if it was done on purpose or not, I see no reason why there would be any reason for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (6,100 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just as a more info FYI to this. I have this same problem. I only have some of the packs installed. probably slightly over half. Whatever happened doesn't have to do with Seasons specifically though, just with whatever code they updated in the game because I do not have Seasons installed. So whatever this was, it was something about the patches around seasons perhaps. 

Also I have alot of CC installed but it happens regardless of if i'm using it or i've removed it all. Tried removing all CC and did a repair on files and played without the custom content and still same issue. 

Eric

Message 3 of 12 (6,077 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is probably a universal problem due to something they did in the update itself and not because of the actual Seasons pack as I don't own it.  I doubt it was intentional.

Message 4 of 12 (5,922 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is a very frustrating problem and I hope they sort it out soon. Even with the collector trait my sims can't hunt for frogs in ponds now.

Message 5 of 12 (5,613 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I honestly thought this was an intended change because it was too easy to get frogs from the pond instead of having to search for them.

Message 6 of 12 (5,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I hope they fix this.change it back, as I have been hard-pressed to even find frog logs these days. (Still have to try that trick of digging up all the piles to perhaps help them spawn, though)

Message 7 of 12 (5,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It's the same thing for me but I noticed something else.

I bred two frogs of two different colors but with the same pattern and I got a new frog with a completely different pattern, which was impossible before.

I don't know yet if you can get a frog of a different color but I'll keep testing.

Message 8 of 12 (5,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i agree, it happened with a recent update

Message 9 of 12 (4,620 Views)

★★★★ Pro

After installing the latest patch I travelled to the park in Willow Creek and noticed that this issue is fixed.

Message 10 of 12 (4,446 Views)