[FIXED] Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

by JulietJuly22

Original Post

Re: Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

Hero
@wades_wiilson The problem is, that NAP from other neigborhood affect your own (which is a problem in itself) so I'm bascially just wondering if there's any NAP that could be made accountable (even if it's not active in your own neighborhood at the moment)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 101 (2,888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I checked the other neighborhoods and nothing that this would fall into. The closest to a maybe was the performing arts initiative.

Message 12 of 101 (2,877 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too! but with any sim i play with. my sim keeps giving her boyfriend fake bad news and it’s so annoying. i even have autonomy turned off. she just goes up to him and does it. also with autonomy turned off she constantly gets on the computer to play a game. idk what the heck is happening.

Message 13 of 101 (2,828 Views)

Hero
Any of you have the fun community NAP active in your hood or another ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 101 (2,814 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict my neighborhood had the fun community NAP active while experiencing this, yes.
Message 15 of 101 (2,791 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Just as a quick update to this one, I went around all my neighbourhoods and removed any active NAP's and also switched both NPC Voting and Eco Footprint Gameplay off in the menu and it's still happening. No other mean or mischief interactions though, just the fake bad news one.
Interestingly doesn't come up as a normal interaction though. You've got the main Sim portrait bubble in the queue and usually it has a smaller bubble to the right with the queued interaction like Brighten Day or whatever, but this Give Fake Bad News doesn't show the smaller bubble. It's almost as if it's a standalone queued interaction rather than a social one as part of a conversation if that makes sense?
Message 16 of 101 (2,782 Views)

Hero
Would anyone mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 101 (2,770 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Rebouks I checked your save and got a few questions for you

- Was it only one Sim giving the fake news or the others as well ?
- How did you remove the NAPs ? By revoke them or cheating ?
- Do they do it when not in a playful mood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 101 (2,703 Views)

★ Guide

This is indeed one of NAPs behaviors. This issue is the same as incessant cake-baking/stealing/flirting/clay-spawning one. Once the respective NAP was enacted elsewhere this affected my played households, removing NAP doesn't help. It doesn't require Playful mood either.

Message 19 of 101 (2,731 Views)

Hero
@jacknifelee Do you see it on NPCs or active Sims ? I think there might be multiple forces at play.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 101 (2,710 Views)