Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for a while with NPCs around, I suspect you may need roommates just to have enough interaction with the NPCs to see it.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are being tormenting by their roommates (in a dorm) who keep doing the "give bad news" mischief to them. It's happening non-stop and it keeps lowering relationship status bc who wants to keep being told someone is dead when they're not?! It's only happening with NPCs, but it has happened with ones just visiting, too. (PS. this should be a mean interaction).
What do you expect to see? Not being tormented constantly lol
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 4th update

So, this is happening with or without mods but it's even happening with autonomous mischief turned off in the MCCC mod. I suspect this is related to whatever is causing the random romantic social interactions. I saw and commented on a report on that but haven't found one on this yet. I suspect it may not be so obvious outside of a roommates situation. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 101 (6,937 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

Hero
Did some testing on borked saves that I had and I think this is fixed.

I'm going to mark this as such but feedback is welcome

Be aware that this is intended behavior if you have fun loving community active in the current neighborhood.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 96 of 101 (4,313 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

★★ Guide

I believe this is intended behavior, but perhaps just happening very frequently. Roommates spawn with a randomized set of quirks, one of which has them being a prankster. They autonomously use mischief interactions on others - you might have gotten a batch of roommates with a lot of pranksters.

Message 2 of 101 (6,830 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too, except it's not just roommates it's all my Sims played or not, they just keep constantly giving each other bad news, good relationship or not, mischievous or not. It's so annoying, everyone's grumpy about it all the time and it ruins all their relationships!

Message 3 of 101 (6,804 Views)

★ Apprentice
I am having the exact same issue - it's not just roommates though, it's all sims. In just two sim days, I've had probably 10 npcs stop by my sim's house, including friends, and all of them have used this interaction.
Message 4 of 101 (6,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Bra1nBlast3d It's happening still even after they've moved out and are now all in the same active household. So it's not isolated to roommates (two of my sims married dorm mates). I also checked to see if they showed any hidden traits that might cause it but if they do, I don't see them in the debug menu.

@Rebouks Yes! I have to keep cheating the relationship levels bc of it. It's getting rather irritating.

@Mionette Yeah, now my sims moved out of the dorm and it's still happening. And it's SO frequent. Even if they were prankster sims this is definitely excessive lol! Plus, it's the only mischief interaction I've seen them doing randomly like that.

(CM: Edited to merge multiple posts together.)

Message 5 of 101 (6,756 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The sim I made when I started eco living isn't doing this, but her boyfriend (Knox Greenbug) keeps doing it to her and when his mom visits, she does it to them constantly.

Message 6 of 101 (6,690 Views)

Hero
@wades_wiilson Are there N.A.P. that could be made accountable for this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 101 (6,664 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Nope, I've only got green/conservation/development based initiatives.

Message 8 of 101 (6,660 Views)

Hero
@wades_wiilson Is there one ? Like maybe the one that makes people fight ?

There is this bug that could account for this happening if it's going on in another hood: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 101 (6,758 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictThat one isn't active in my neighborhood and never has been. They're also not fighting, it's just the fake bad news interaction constantly. I'm playing right now and just watched him approach my sim with it queued up twice.

Message 10 of 101 (6,753 Views)