Re: [OPEN] Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

by CatherineAlyshaa

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LiljrocXB1 If you hover over the icon of the mean interaction they're doing, does it say it's fake news or something else ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 101 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

UPDATE:

After removing all mods I have reinstalled the game and all expansions (I have the whole bundle. I have uninstalled it previously and removed all sims 4 files). Yesterday Origin updated my game again, and now it’s working without a glitch. I even uploaded my mods back (but I checked if they are up to date as well).

And so far no “Give the fake bad news” or “future cube” interaction was spotted. Yay 😀 

Message 72 of 101 (851 Views)

★★★ Guide

I, too, have an update.

The bugged sim just prevented his husband from leaving for work, because she just really needed to give him the fake bad news.

I have never seen anything like it happen in game before: the husband sim was already routed to go to work, stopped on the pavement just before greying out and listened to the fake bad news and the "go to work" had disappeared from his tasks. Had to give the command to "Go to Work" again. What I mean is that I've never seen a sim who's already on their way to school/work stop the action to do something else (at least not a social interaction!).

I'm really on the edge to delete the whole sim from my game. That bad boy sim can fit so many bugs in her... SMH.

Message 73 of 101 (842 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@adduapina Try reinstall your game. But maybe move your Tray and Save folder to a safe place before doing it, so you will not loose your Sims? It seems to fix my problem with the fake bad news.
Message 74 of 101 (833 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Maelen Honestly I rather just delete the sim, since she seems to be the only totally bugged one. For the greater good etc. ;D
Message 75 of 101 (819 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening way too often for me. My Sim has finished Uni and is now living in San Myshuno and yet it still happening. Litetally EVERY Sim she talks to, they then perform this interaction and it decreases their relationship and she ends up getting the Embarrassed moodlet which is very frustrating. It's only started happening since the most recent patch update we had 

Message 76 of 101 (794 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has literally been happening to me since the newest update. Never did it before that. It's multiple families in my case and they're also randomly stealing things without having the klepto trait. What the heck is going on?! My sims have 3 kids and they all hate each other because if this stupid Fake Bad News issue. I'm going crazy lololololol

Message 77 of 101 (728 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ive also got the same issue! My marriage is become a shambles because of it Frown they just constantly get embarrassed and awkward encounter after the husband keeps giving the fake bad news 

Message 78 of 101 (694 Views)

Re: Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

★★ Novice

i am having this issue since one time interaction with Greenburg. all of my relationships have deteriorated down to half in just a few minutes of unsupervised, freewill time. i am also having a real issue with future cubes and lumps of clay interrupting queued instructions. they will also abruptly stop commanded actions to practice making drinks or taunt each other. the future cubes are making them all sad all the time, so what was once a loving and accomplished sim family; now all nearly hate each other, are moping around and don't do what they're commanded. the latest patch didnt fix a single one problem in my game. i hope someone can help me please!

Message 79 of 101 (650 Views)

Autonomous Fake Bad News Interaction

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When playing with a household, a Sim will autonomously start talking to another Sim in the household and give them fake bad news.
What happens when the bug occurs? No matter how many times I cancel the interaction, if it's already queued up, they will most likely do it anyway and the relationship between the sims in constantly going down which means I have to constantly watch my sims to make sure they don't make each other angry or embarrassed and decrease their relationship with the other person
What do you expect to see? I want this bug to be gone because it's really frustrating and I'm not able to do everything I want to done when I'm playing because I'm constantly having to watch my Sims' interactions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've seen a few other people report this bug and I think it's either after the June 2020 patch update or after I installed Eco-Lifestyle.

If I queue interactions for my sims manually then they will not give each other fake bad news but if they want to talk to another sim autonomously, I have to cancel the interaction because even if it says they are just going to 'chat' with the other sim, it will turn into 'give fake bad news' when they start talking.

Message 80 of 101 (840 Views)