Re: [OPEN] Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

by emmagoble3

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I'm begging for a fix to this. There's mass amounts of future cubes and clay every where. My sims can't go 5 minutes without telling someone Fake Bad News or stopping everything they're doing to play computer games or pull out their phone. Even after repealing the NAPs they keep doing all of the above, and the behaviors follow them through the Gallery. I cannot believe this game breaker hasn't been patched yet. I paid 40 bucks to have my game broken. PLEASE fix it.

Message 51 of 101 (3,656 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can’t enjoy my game because all my sims want to do is give fake bad news and I constantly have to work on getting their relationship back up !

Message 52 of 101 (3,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yep, same here! My Sim is constantly giving fake bad news to her husband. Like... every few seconds. If I am not actively controlling her and lining up actions 24/7 with no opportunity for her to do anything autonomously, she is ALWAYS autonomously choosing to give her husband fake bad news. Always. All day. Every day. It's a completely mad obsession of hers.

Interestingly enough, her husband doesn't do the same to her. It's just my Sim tormenting him and I have no idea why because she had no Mischief skill when this started and she has no traits or aspirations related to mischief or being mean in any way. Her traits are Loves the Outdoors, Green Fiend, and Family-Oriented and her aspiration is Friend of the Animals. There are no NAPs in the neighbourhood that would cause this, either. I actively vote every weekend so I always know which NAPs are in place. There's just eco-friendly ones in place atm.

I swear, between this glitch, the bug farms dying in spite of being fed and nurtured multiple times a day, my plants randomly turning back into seeds, and pets disappearing to random lots, I'm about ready to yeet the whole game into the sun...

Message 53 of 101 (3,591 Views)

Sims are making mischief/mean interactions all the time

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Discover University, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Eco Lifestyle, Parenthood, Vampires, Laundry Day, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims are making mean or mischief interactions autonomously, like insulting or telling fake bad news.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are losing friendship and/or love points too quick due to these negative actions.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not make these actions autonomously.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I noticed that after the Eco Lifestyle patch, my Sims are making mischievous/mean interactions autonomously, even if they don't have the Evil trait or Mischief skill, and it is really annoying because it happens all the time, and these interactions are making my Sims losing friendship and/or romance points too fast. It currently happens every 5 minutes in real time, so I need to be very quick to cancel the action, but sometimes I can't, so my Sims lose 13-15 friendship points and/or 5-8 love points.

I tested the game without script mods (MCCC and UI Cheats), but it still happens.

Message 54 of 101 (3,521 Views)

Re: Sims are making mischief/mean interactions all the time

★ Guide

this bug bugs me the most, I hate how some Sims destroy all relationships.

At the same time the Sims who display the Fake-News-Syndrom are the Sims I have to babysit constantly because they don't empty their plates and get distracted from any assigned task.

Seriously te,pted to kill them...alas...it is not their fault but the fault of crappy programming.

Message 55 of 101 (3,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It just started happening to me about two days ago, though I've been playing a lot for a couple of weeks.

It's exactly as everyone else says. My sim won't finish a meal, there's a million lumps of clay in her inventory and ALL she does is wreck her relationships by giving fake bad news.

I repealed and disabled NAPs and used MCCC to stop autonomous mischief but it still happens. I hate playing with autonomy off, but from what I see on this thread, it won't even work.

They were baking way too much white cake as well, but MCCC did manage to stop that.

Some NPCs do the fake news pretty often, just not as often as my active sim.

It's unplayable.

Message 56 of 101 (3,290 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OMGoddess! I thought it was just something wrong with my game. The futuristic cubes are multiplying like rabbits and the fake news are driving me crazy!

Thx the Goddess it's not just me but really, what in the name of Merlin's most saggy pants!???

Message 57 of 101 (3,093 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not seeing the clay lumps and future cubes like a lot of people are mentioning.  I get them, but I know exactly where they're coming from- Strangerville Hero fan mail, and I just sell them as soon as I open them.  Not getting them just spawning in my inventory.  But the Give Fake Bad News interaction, yes, all the time.  It's not every sim, but the ones that do it aren't Mean or Evil or anything.  Just certain sims will suddenly decide that this is the funniest thing ever, and do it constantly, to everyone.

Message 58 of 101 (3,014 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@JulietJuly22 Ugh! I know the feeling. Every second social it seemed was Tell Fake Bad News. It kept happening in my Cat Cafe and it kept happening at home between family members.
Message 59 of 101 (3,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm not getting any fan mail. The cubes are multiplying and the only good thing about them is - it is a free cash Wink But no matter what is your sim location or trait it's the same.

I feel like even the game is against me Wink The only thing I can't really stand is lying, and now my sims are notorious liars with those "Give the fake news" ideas. Thinking ;D

Update:

I tried turn off autonomy, but they are still doing this autonomus interactions like shaking the cube (even the cube gets tired of it and shouts "STOP SHAKING ME!!" Large smile ) and giving fake news.

The last resort I'm trying is reinstall the whole game with all addons and expansions (except Origin client).

If this won't help I'll have to patiently wait for bug fix. Wink

I admit, I like using mods. Like a lot! But I'm going to start a fresh without any and I'll keep you posted Standard smile

Message 60 of 101 (3,025 Views)