Re: Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Guide
@crinrict On active Sims. Can't say about NPCs.
Message 21 of 101 (1,539 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@jacknifelee Was your Sim in a playful emotion when he did the interaction ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 101 (1,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictNo. Played sim was in a neutral/happy mood and she would repeat "give fake bad news" interaction on her child son about every ingame hour, in between other NAP activities (baking white cake, practicng programming etc). Her traits are Cheerful, Clumsy, Perfectionist. No Dastardly trait. No aspirations related to mean/mischief interations, no whims for mean/mischief interactions, no holiday set to encourage mean/mischief interactions, no lot traits related to mean/mischief interactions, not part of any club set for mean/mischief interactions.

Message 23 of 101 (1,509 Views)

Hero
@jacknifelee Are you still seeing it now ? If so, could you also send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 101 (1,493 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict It's mainly the one Sim in the Shultz household in Evergreen Harbour, Shane Hunter, he does it all the time! He's the main culprit but I've seen a fair few other NPCs and other Sims from different played households as well. I cheated to remove the NAPs by shift clicking the postboxes in all the neighbourhoods, this removed everyone being dazed from juicing etc so I thought it might also work with the mischief thing. They do it in any mood, not just playful. 

Message 25 of 101 (1,461 Views)

Hero
@Rebouks Seems cheat-removing didn't remove the hidden traits they have. Still don't know if it's connected though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 101 (1,453 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

★★★ Novice
@JulietJuly22 I'm also experiencing this. I usually have a Club constantly hanging out at my Home Lot, and everyone keeps giving each other bad news. I only notice this from Inactives. When I invite individual Sims over and leave them alone, they'll start approaching my Actives and Inactives giving bad news.

I haven't noticed this when I'm off my Home Lot, but I micro-manage and focus on my goals, so I'm unsure if I just haven't allowed opportunities.
Message 27 of 101 (1,424 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims being tormented with fake bad news social

Hero
@SimulatedPersona What are the club rules ? Do you have the Eco Pack ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 101 (1,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jacknifelee So I checked your save and I have no idea what could be causing this in your case. There are no NAP traits/buffs on your Sims

Does anyone remember which pack this came with ? Is this a base game social ?

From what I've seen this seems to behave in the exactly same way as the disgust issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 101 (1,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrict

Problem is, on some sims, the bugs remain even after removing the CivicPolicy hidden trait. I have two sims that are severely bugged and still keep spawning the Lumps of Clay even after removing the Creative NAP.

@JulietJuly22

It's likely caused by one of the NAPs, Not sure which one. They're ALL bugged. Sims will retain the traits of the NAPs in each neighborhood they visit. The problems may remain even after manually removing the hidden traits.

Message 30 of 101 (1,357 Views)