Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims autonomously doing activities they dislike

by ArcherAngelo

Original Post

Re: Sims autonomously doing activities they dislike

★★★ Guide

Shows what a waste of time i did, selecting Likes/Dislikes for my entire population one by one which which tooks me many rl days.

Despite every sim I know off has preferences, it doesn't those pop-ups interrupting the game, telling me <Name> doesn't appear to be having a great time, should he dislike <title>, etc. 

Message 11 of 22 (2,009 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue here. From what i'd heard likes and dislikes was supposed to stop them auto doing the acivity but clearly it has not turned out that way.

Message 12 of 22 (1,976 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have a similar problem with a sim that dislike mischievous, but keeps scaring the other sim and playing tricks with the toilet autonomous, and always get the bubble telling they dislike it. This wasn't something that sim usually did before.

Message 13 of 22 (1,957 Views)

★★★ Guide

My sim hates dancing and she keeps going to the stereo to dance then getting upset about it.

Message 14 of 22 (1,931 Views)

★★★ Guide

Mine are worse, My Dislike Dancing sims don't only just Dance, they also dance to music genre they Dislike. at the same time

Message 15 of 22 (1,919 Views)

★★ Guide

My Sim dislikes electronica but she keeps opening the radio to listen to electronica and she bounces her head to the beat, even though she dislikes it. It's the only thing I've noticed so far. 

Message 16 of 22 (1,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs / kits but: EP: Island Living GP: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires SP: MFPS, Paranormal Kits: Courtyard Oasis
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Installed the patch that introduced the Likes & Dislikes

I having this bug too. Sims that dislikes dancing are autonomously dancing all the time to the stereo. Even if I constantly cancel the action, they are soon there to dance again. They get a tensed moodlets from this, and after a while they get the Madness moodlet from performing a disliked activity for a long time. But that don't make them stop dancing Disappointed 

The sim dancing in the attached image has the traits: Insane, Cat lover, Gregarious

Message 17 of 22 (1,866 Views)

EA Staff

Hello,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 22 (1,786 Views)

★ Guide

I still have this issue. It occur with Mischief & Dancing (what I seen so far). The problem with these skills has been in the game for very long (before Favorite&Dislikes), sims seems to leaning towards Dancing and Mischief (trolling on the computer) when autonomy is on. I hope sims can lean towards Favorited activities instead of these two (if they are Negative / Neutral for Dancing & Mishief). I can share a save if it possible to do so without sharing any personal info (mail adress etc, this will be shown if using Drive?). But I guess these skills cause problems in all games (so I'm not sure if my savefile would help?). BTW I have never used mods.

As the image show: The sim dislike Mischief but autonomsly start to Trolling on the computer.

Message 19 of 22 (1,760 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've experienced this so much in my game I just turned autonomy off. I've had several sims that dislike mischief engage in mischief interactions with each other. A sim will also spend all day "troll teh forums". Had the same issue with music as mentioned above and with choosing fitness over other preferred activities. Disabling autonomy is the only way to prevent these behaviors but that's not a viable solution.

Message 20 of 22 (1,688 Views)