Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims autonomously doing activities they dislike

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Get Famous, Eco Lifestyle, City Living, Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, Spa Day, Dine Out, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim that dislikes fitness (mine is a child sim that got a pop up during gameplay to dislike fitness if that matters, a male child that was made as a toddler in case then aged naturally. Since mine was a pop up, I'm unsure if this is affected by doing a physical activity long enough to gain some motor skill, he aged up with a level 2 motor skill.) When they have low fun, with autonomy on and an available fitness object in the house, watch what they pick to interact with.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim autonomously picks an activity they dislike in order to fulfill there low fun need, which further drains the fun need obviously.
What do you expect to see? Sims do not autonomously do activities they don't enjoy.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch, which included likes and dislikes

I also wish buffs lasted longer but I know that's not a bug

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 22 (7,062 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims autonomously doing activities they dislike

Hero

Have you noticed that your Sims had been doing Fitness things or Dancing if they Disliked those things? Strange no? It should no longer happen as long as they continue to Dislike them of course. As a note, unfortunately (for those affected), Sims are subject to choose music they Dislike still from any stereo so they can still torment other Sims (and Simmers) around them.

Fixed in Patch 1.79.93/1.47

Please not that specifically Fitness and Dancing were fixed and not other interactions

Please create a new thread for EACH interaction you still have issues with.

@Amyangelus Video Games probably isn't fixed so if you still have that after the patch, please create a new thread specifically for video games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (5,797 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims autonomously doing activities they dislike

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For those who are bothered by the pop-ups. While I don't think that is a bug, I have made a quick mod by request yesterday that stops other Sims than the currently active houshold from developping likes and dislikes:

CM Edit - Do not link Mods on AHQ. 

Message 2 of 22 (7,004 Views)

★ Apprentice
@83bienchen I think you meant to put this on the other thread about likes and dislikes! I'm having a completely different problem with them.
Message 3 of 22 (6,976 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert
@fiftyleven I have a similar problem with music. My Sims hate Metal and the first time (after the update) they turn on the stereo they chose Metal.
Message 4 of 22 (6,940 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too. I added likes and dislikes to my current family in CAS right after the update. My teen Sim hates dancing, but has autonomously started dancing in the living room (where the stereo is) several times in the few hours I've played this weekend. This makes her tense, but she keeps doing it until I manually stop her.

Message 5 of 22 (6,837 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

For anyone seeing this issue without mods, would you be willing to share affected save files with this issue?

Instructions on how to send saves are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

You can send them via private message to me if you prefer.

Also, if sending saves, please make sure to specify which like(s) or dislike(s) are buggy in your game.

Thank you

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 22 (6,755 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this with an elderly sim that kept exercising. I put her to dislike fitness, but she still kept doing it frequently. I figured out that one of her personality traits was active and that conflicted with her dislike of fitness. She was hating herself so to speak. I removed the active personality trait and that has helped.

Message 7 of 22 (6,726 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have an elderly vampire that's doing this, as well. He keeps trying to do endurance runs on a treadmill, and it nearly kills him every time. Not only have I marked fitness as a dislike for him in CAS, I even went so far as to move the treadmill into the room of its primary user and locked him out of there. He still breaks in and continues to use it. 

Message 8 of 22 (6,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I actually thought this was suppose to control their automony, but I can no longer see the point in them at all, I have one that clearly Dislikes Dancing, but it doesn't stop him from dancing.

His traits are Childish, Squeamish, and Romantic, I can't see anything I can do to stop him from dancing.

Message 9 of 22 (6,438 Views)

★★ Guide

Likes and dislikes have never affected autonomy. It's a pointless system only used for home decorator and random positive or negative moodlets (they are random moodlets because Sims do things randomly). 

A few examples: what music they listen to: 100% random. Half of the time the listen to music they dislike, autonomously, they get tense, and they complain, but they keep doing it.

Another absurd example: Sims that dislike fitness, showing up in the gym every single day. Create Sims that dislike fitnes and play rotational. You will see them training in the gym daily. The same goes for unplayed Sims that you have edited to dislike fitness. 

So first I was disappointed when I saw that NPC did not get randomly assigned likes/dislikes, but then I realized it is an empty system so I do not longer care.

Message 10 of 22 (6,408 Views)