Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims are resetting themselves on Stairs

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, City living, Parenthood, Kids room stuff, laundry day stuff, Cool kitchen stuff, Get to work, get together, Movie hangout stuff, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, romantic garden stuff, backyard stuff, toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have the problem you will notice your sims resetting and cancelling all other actions from time to time. It happens some times at random and som times when the sims are doing specific actions such as going upstairs etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim resets and does the T position and it cancells all current actions.
What do you expect to see? The sim should do the actions such as doing the dishes etc without resetting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was told to make a whole thread about this bug since it seems to pop-up often. Many players experience the same bug. 

Message 6 of 12 (2,053 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims resetting

Hero
Since we had no new reports, I'm marking this as fixed for now.

Let me know if you still have the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (1,788 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

My sims resetting at the tops of stairs is still happening without and with mods.  I only use cosmetic mods and even those were both turned off and removed from startup.

1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ? 
    -  Climbing the stairs to perform an action in cue; sometimes single, sometimes stacked.

2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were day doing ?
    -  Only the sim climbing the stairs reset.

3. On which lot did the issue occur ?
    -  Their home lot in Brindleton Bay
Message 1 of 12 (2,251 Views)

Hero

@JCStormy2

do you have any lastExceptions to add that are generated when you have the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,258 Views)

★ Guide

Almost forgot.  Sorry.

Message 3 of 12 (2,243 Views)

★ Novice
  1. What was your Sim doing when he/she reset ?
    Going upstairs. To the second floor.
  2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were they doing ?
    Only the sims going upstairs on my lot resets. 
  3. On which lot did the issue occur ?
    On a home lot, in a house i built. 
Message 4 of 12 (2,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

as this is an issue that pop-ups up fairly often in here, I'm thinking it might be good to have a separate thread for it.

Would you mind creating one for me ? I'll move all posts about it into your new one afterwards.

Thanks.

Thanks for the new thread. I've merged all the posts about it into this new one. will add on next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (2,053 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,951 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing these resets ?

@Steffie_wow @JCStormy2

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,857 Views)

★ Guide

Thankfully, I haven't seen it in a while.  Thanks to the team (I'm assuming)! :D

Message 9 of 12 (1,848 Views)

Hero
Since we had no new reports, I'm marking this as fixed for now.

Let me know if you still have the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,789 Views)