[FIXED] Sims are obsessed with instrument playing

by crinrict

Original Post

Random violin and guitar playing

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28.80.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play. It happens almost every 5 to 7 minutes whenever I'm doing other tasks.
What happens when the bug occurs? The task I'm doing cancels and my sim starts playing either a guitar or a violin, both of which is not in her inventory.
What do you expect to see? No random instrumental playing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have instruments in one of the cardboard boxes, but it is not in her inventory either

Message 41 of 50 (1,796 Views)

Re: Performing arts N.A.P prevents sim from working

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same exact issue, it's to the point where the game is becoming unplayable. My sims are missing classes for university and refusing to do homework and job related activities. Because they keep wanting to take out an instrument, that they don't own and start playing it. Please EA patch the game so that this problem doesn't continue! I can't even uninstall the stupid Eco lifestyle pack because of Origin automatically reinstalling it.

Message 42 of 50 (1,661 Views)

hello

★★ Apprentice

hello 

simmers  

my sims wont stop playing the guitar  found it funny at frist but now its going on alot

have know idea what NAPS ARE EITHER 

PLEASE HELP THANKS 

Message 43 of 50 (1,551 Views)

Re: hello

Hero
@simsstarzy I merged your post with the bug report.

NAP = Neighborhood Action Plans. Feature of Eco Living.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 50 (1,542 Views)

Re: NPCs playing the guitar & violin constantly

EA Staff

Hello.

If you are still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 45 of 50 (1,408 Views)

sims won't stop playing violin

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims constantly play instruments not in their inventory, go to the mirror to practice acting, and my toddler gets out of the bathtub only to get stuck between the wall and the tub. Also, my sim will start eating and then completely abandon his food.
What do you expect to see? The game working normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims game has been having some issues for the past few days. My sims are constantly going to a mirror to practice acting or whipping out a guitar or violin that's not even in their inventory and playing it randomly! And one of them will start eating a meal and then just abandon it completely.

Message 46 of 50 (1,371 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with instrument playing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this problem with my two main sims. They play the violin and guitar all the time. This game is modded so I cannot help with solving it unfortunately. They have had this problem for quite some time and it continues now after the Batuu-Patch.

Message 47 of 50 (1,329 Views)

Sims play instruments not in inventory, stop actions midway

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? GP06: 1.assers.ml-gp06.142
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion except GTW; Every game pack except for Vampires, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, and Batuu; Every stuff pack except Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden, Backyard, Bowling Night, Fitness, My First Pet, and Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim do an action, especially cooking, or just wait for the sim to do it on their own.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will stop doing whatever action they were in the middle of and start to Practice Mixing Drinks, Practice Acting, Do Exercises, OR play the violin or guitar even if the item is not in their inventory. They do this in the middle of an action or they do it randomly. When they play the instruments they seem like they are really skilled in it (even though my sim is not) but their skill bar does not appear on screen and they do not gain skill. The instruments does not even appear as an action in the UI so it is not cancellable.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not play instruments that they don't have in their inventory. Sims should complete actions all the way through instead of doing random skill building unprompted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

The violin is a really common occurrence. My NAPs are not related to the arts (so therefore doesn't explain the instruments). This issue seemed to occur after I took my household to a different town, my theory is their NAP (if they had the arts one) had a lasting effect? This issue even occurs with autonomy turned off. 

Message 48 of 50 (1,308 Views)

Re: Sims play instruments not in inventory, stop actions midway

Hero
@serafimeduarda Your Sims probably got stuck commodities: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-sav...

Merged your thread with the instrument obsession thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 50 (1,284 Views)

Re: Sims play instruments not in inventory, stop actions midway

Hero

I will mark this as fixed as I believe all NAP problems are solved now and only occur when the NAP is actually active.

Please create a new thread if you still have issues with this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 50 (7,440 Views)