Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims are obsessed with instrument playing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? see below
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will non-stop play instruments and NPCs are filling up their inventory with instruments
What do you expect to see? No instrument obsession
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Symptoms of this Issue

Most of these mechanisms are intended features, they just don't work very well and are excessive.

1. NPCs pull out instruments and play and play and play
  2. My active Sims drop everything and play instruments over and over

Causes

• [ECO] If any neighborhood in all of your worlds has the Promote Performing Art N.A.P in act, this will be applied to all the Sims that visit your neighborhood, causing them to wanting to cook and bake  (NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs)
  • Probably also related to the NAP

Related Threads

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 50 (13,042 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims play instruments not in inventory, stop actions midway

Hero

I will mark this as fixed as I believe all NAP problems are solved now and only occur when the NAP is actually active.

Please create a new thread if you still have issues with this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 50 of 50 (7,295 Views)

All Replies

NPCs playing the guitar & violin constantly

★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and watch the NPC interacting
What happens when the bug occurs? Every NPC sim pulls out a violin or guitar and starts playing even though they don't own or have the instrument in their inventory. They also do not develop guitar or violin skills from this either
What do you expect to see? Not have so many sims pull out a guitar and start playing it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing eco lifestyle

Every NPC just pulls a guitar or violin out of thin air and starts playing, they will end an interaction before it's over to start playing, even with autonomy off. It's very annoying. Happens like every 30 secs

Message 1 of 50 (13,375 Views)

Re: NPCs playing the guitar & violin constantly

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was having the same problem and it stopped after I repealed the "Support the Performing Arts!" Neighborhood Action Plan. Can you check if that NAP is active in your neighborhood?

Message 2 of 50 (13,354 Views)

★★ Guide
@ElDimentio I suspect that many of NAPs are causing behaviors that aren't supposed to happen if they aren't active. Mine were doing this, too... but that NAP wasn't in place.

I think this is why there's constant flirting/romantic interactions, why there's so much food obsession, why they keep constantly playing instruments, etc. They're all behaviors related to NAPS. Maybe even the "give bad news" that's happening all the time in my game... Idk if there's a NAP that features mischief... hmm.
Message 3 of 50 (13,303 Views)

Performing arts N.A.P prevents sim from working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Island Living, Realm of Magic & Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a sim into an apartment/lot, vote the Performing Arts N.A.P into effect, repeal
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim randomly stops and plays guitar, violin, or practices acting (performing arts) at random, which prevents her from doing her work, cooking, walking dog, etc.
What do you expect to see? No more random guitar/violin/acting that interferes with my sim's actions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle

This bug happens even if the N.A.P was repealed. This only started after installing Eco Lifestyle pack. My sim does not have any instruments in her inventory; I never bought any for the household. It interferes with everything. My mods and cc aren't affecting this I'm pretty sure. I have tried moving her to a different world altogether, turned off autonomy, turned off NPC voting on N.A.Ps, restarted the game, nothing works.

Message 4 of 50 (13,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JulietJuly22 I am having the same issue. I can remove all of the NAPs and I still keep having my characters have their tasks interrupted by randomly playing the guitar and violin. I will have autonomy off, no NAPs in place, and I still stopping my tasks to play. It is beyond frustrating.
Message 5 of 50 (13,240 Views)

Re: Performing arts N.A.P prevents sim from working

★★★ Novice
@xjosh666 I'm having the same issue no mods installed no instruments in inventory and happening after installing Eco Lifestyle. Even in neighborhoods without the performing arts N.A.P. it's so frustrating!
Message 6 of 50 (13,237 Views)

★ Apprentice

I removed that NAP and turned off autonomy, they're still playing the guitar and violin. Restarting doesn't help either.

Message 7 of 50 (13,220 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue too -  post patch but before eco lifestyle.

They are so obsessive over needing to play violin that young adults & adults were playing the child only variant that was still in their inventory, which shouldn't be possible.

Message 8 of 50 (13,172 Views)

Re: Performing arts N.A.P prevents sim from working

Hero
@xjosh666 Do you mean they also not go to work or just that interactions are constantly interrupted ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 50 (13,222 Views)