[FIXED] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SqueamishNerd wrote:

SimGuruFrost have now said on Twitter that they’re working on this problem. Standard smile

https://www.twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1295776941631365120

3 weeks later and they still haven't fixed the problem. Sigh. Not really surprised, but seriously, I can't play until they fix it, so this is annoying.

Message 231 of 250 (934 Views)

Re: Bess won't stop baking cakes

★★★ Novice
@asmx89 Same with me my sims will not stop making cakes i turned of there autonymy and they still will not stop. Father Winter came and he made cake
Message 232 of 250 (921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Nifty Knitting and Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sims and a kitchen and there you go, nothing but cake making, sims will start taking milk out of the fridge a lot but won't drink it; order sim to clean up the cake materials, but they won't do it first try
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will autonomously start baking white cakes all of the time but rarely finish and leave behind ingredients and bowls and some finished cakes everywhere, sims take milk out the fridge and leave the full glasses everywhere; sims do not clean up dishes/cake ingredients when I tell them to and they put them back down and I have to tell them multiple times (usually 3 to 4) for every item individually
What do you expect to see? Only have my sims bake cakes or take out milk when I tell them to and only occasionally have a visitor or ghost make food; sims will clean dishes once they were ordered to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only noticed it after the latest patch

Its making the game literally uplayable! Every few seconds I have to stop the entire household from making cakes. I have the problem on top that my sims won't properly clean the dishes when I tell them to. For every single bowl of cake batter I need to order them to clean it multiple times and because my legacy family has loads of ghosts, the house gets covered in cakes over night Wondering

Just now my Servo has started wanting to make cakes constantly too noooooo! And recently especially the ghosts started to get obessed with taking milk out the fridge without drinking it...

Message 233 of 250 (872 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having a similar issue. I don't have Eco-Living, have a couple of mods that don't affect this. It's a father of two of my sims that came over and baked a white cake. Mom is maxed out on both cooking and gourmet. It is super frustrating that this bug happens. Have to go into buy mode to delete the bowls and the cake.

Message 234 of 250 (834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wish I knew this before I invested in buying all packs to update the game...it's unplayable. I cant believe a month in and it is not fixed?

I stopped playing around 7 months ago because of numerous glitches that just make the game annoying to play, and now it's the same story.

Disappointed.

Message 235 of 250 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@mayatiara wrote:

I wish I knew this before I invested in buying all packs to update the game...it's unplayable. I cant believe a month in and it is not fixed?

I stopped playing around 7 months ago because of numerous glitches that just make the game annoying to play, and now it's the same story.

Disappointed.

Exactly.  I can't play until this bug is fixed and they've known about it for over a month without resolution.   I can't play anymore, let alone buy new game/stuff/expansion packs until they fix it.  When it's this big of a  problem, why can't they maybe focus on it a little bit sooner? 

Message 236 of 250 (758 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are they ever going to fix this? I haven't been able to play my game without wanting to toss my PC out a window since June. So. Many. Cakes.

I guess my only option at this point is to uninstall the pack that I paid $40 for. Starting to feel a bit ripped off.

Message 237 of 250 (639 Views)

★ Guide
@atomicpaintbrush Yea that's the only working workaround until now: disable the pack you paid 40$ for.

Speaking of which, EA Support denies there is a problem with Eco, so that you can't even get a refund.

I mean, if NAPs exist only if Eco is installed, and the bugs are caused by NAPs, of course Eco does not break the game.
Message 238 of 250 (598 Views)

★ Guide

There is a mod that prevents it, but it's something people would need to install (free).  So that's the workaround I use. 

Message 239 of 250 (583 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@atomicpaintbrush wrote:

Are they ever going to fix this? I haven't been able to play my game without wanting to toss my PC out a window since June. So. Many. Cakes.

I guess my only option at this point is to uninstall the pack that I paid $40 for. Starting to feel a bit ripped off.

Yeah, I haven't been able to play for months, either, thanks to this bug.  It's so frustrating that it's such a big deal and they're doing absolutely nothing about it.

Message 240 of 250 (522 Views)