[FIXED] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Bess won't stop baking cakes

★★★ Newbie
@durango1906 I'm having the same problem after installing the latest patch and installing the eco lifestyle pack. My sims won't stop baking cakes, i had to lock them out of the kitchen to keep them from baking cakes. I also don't use any Custom Content or Mods
Message 20 of 250 (14,745 Views)

Re: Sims won't stop baking cakes

★★★ Pro

It is not just Bess.  It is all Sims.  This is where I have seen it in my game:

• My Sim threw a party.   One of the guests was baking cakes. 
  • The Welcome Wagon came over.  One neighbor would not leave.  There was no option to tell the neighbor to leave.  The neighbor continued to bake cakes.  The guest set the stove on fire twice.  I traveled with my Sim to another lot and the neighbor was gone.
  • My Sim hired a repairman to fix the refrigerator.  The repairman baked a cake.
Message 21 of 250 (14,724 Views)

Re: Sims won't stop baking cakes

★ Apprentice

yes i am having the same issue. My sim keeps baking cakes after cakes and the future cube keeps spawning in her inventory 

Message 22 of 250 (14,713 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've been having this problem too, mostly with visitors.  My Sim's friends come over (they have keys), and bake a couple of cakes, then leave.  Another time, my Sim and his kid went to visit their neighbors, and the neighbor and his wife baked (or tried to bake - they only have one oven) at least four cakes.  It's usually white cakes, but occasionally someone will mix it up with a Sugar-Free Carob Cake (which my toddlers angrily inform me is NOT sugar-free after all, but that's another issue).

Message 23 of 250 (14,744 Views)

Hero
@durango1906 Merged your post with the current main thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 250 (14,692 Views)

Foodie NAP causes NPCs to make White Cakes Constantly

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the Foodie NAP enacted in your current sim's neighborhood.
What happens when the bug occurs? Visiting NPCs make white cakes over and over on the active lot. If you travel to a neighbor, the neighbor sims make white cakes over and over.
What do you expect to see? NPC sims making food for the foodie NAP.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Living Pack

Foodie = White cake? The tooltip makes the nap sound awesome, but it's just NPCs making white cakes over and over.

Edit: I am unsure if it's related, but after making cakes the NPCs will then grab quick meals out of the fridge like cereal or microwave meals and eat those instead of their cakes.

The Sims™ 4_20200607120637.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20200607115147.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20200607112607.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20200607212816.jpg

Message 25 of 250 (14,708 Views)

Repeating baking cakes or drinking milk

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? let the sim play automatic
What happens when the bug occurs? played and unplayed sims keep baking multiple white cakes or drinking milk without stopping
What do you expect to see? sims not repeating baking cakes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. latest update

none

Message 26 of 250 (14,523 Views)

Sims won’t stop making cakes

★★★ Novice

Hi! My one sim won’t stop making cakes! All actions get canceled and he starts making cakes. Not sure how to fix that. 

Message 27 of 250 (14,479 Views)

Re: Sims won’t stop making cakes

★★★ Newbie

Turn on cheats: Testingcheats on/true. 

Shift Click Sim

Reset Object (DEBUG)

Try That!

Message 28 of 250 (14,460 Views)

Re: Sims won’t stop making cakes

★ Novice

My sim also won't stop making cake after cake. I attempted to restart the game and she continues to do it. I have used debug and it didn't work. 

Message 29 of 250 (14,435 Views)