Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Novice

My Sim is obsessed with making white cakes. They stop doing whatever I have them do to make cake. It’s OBSESSIVE and annoying. It makes the game unplayable. My Sims friend’s obsessively make cakes too. They come over and make cakes. My Sim goes to their house and they make cakes. There are abandoned cakes and unmade cake supplies everywhere. It seems like there are so many bugs since Eco. I think I may just uninstall Eco. I’m thoroughly disappointed about how long it seems to take them to fix this. It took forever for them to fix pets disappearing and this cake thing is equally bad because it makes the game unplayable. I’m very frustrated. WHY DOES IT TAKE EA SO LONG TO FIX THIS STUFF? They have to know. 

Message 241 of 250 (3,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

EA, I still have this problem on 26 Sep 2020. I play vanilla game, gameplay mods or custom content.

I voted in Foodies Unite N.A.P. then my household suddenly started to make White Cakes and Coconut Cakes consistently. THEY WILL NOT STOP! My household is now unplayable because they create so much rubbish that I am cleaning up the mess every hour. My Sims are both Level 10 in Cooking and they move really fast so I have so much spoiled food all the time.

I have repealed the N.A.P. out successfully. And I have also voted in a new N.A.P. to replace this hell of Foodies Unite (playing through 2 Sim weeks of hell). But the same thing happens.

I have turned autonomy completely off but heck! My Sims won’t listen and just keep baking cakes autonomously.

This is a nightmare. Please fix the bug.

Message 242 of 250 (3,599 Views)

No more cakes

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While playing the game, I will start baking cakes, pulling out guitars and violins, practicing acting and brewing herbal tees, constantly.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every single time I play, multiple times.
What do you expect to see? Will cancel actions to start baking cakes, pulling out guitars and violins, practicing acting and brewing herbal tees, constantly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest updates.

On occasion my sims will start to walk somewhere and reappear somewhere else in the house. Start baking cakes, pulling out guitars and violins, practicing acting and brewing herbal tees, constantly.

Message 243 of 250 (3,554 Views)

Re: No more cakes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Please fix this ASAP!  Like, yesterday!  It's been several months and it's impossible to play with this stupid bug and its variations!  I've tried turning off autonomy, etc, but that doesn't work.  I don't like to add mods, just the game and expansion/game/stuff packs, but this is beyond unacceptable, when the bug makes the game unplayable and just keeps going on.  I haven't bought the most recent pack and have no plans to at least until this is fixed, but I'm beginning to wonder why I should ever bother buying any more packs at all if they might add long-term bugs like this that EA is just not bothering to fix.

Message 244 of 250 (3,516 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i hope this gets fixed soon. sims are always making cakes.

Message 245 of 250 (3,426 Views)

★★ Novice

I hope this gets fixed soon too.  I am on my 4th save file where one of my household played sims suddenly becomes obsessed with baking cakes, or drinking water, or grabbing quick snacks, or using the future cubes (though selling off a stack of 60 of them is cool for some quick money since they apparently randomly generate each time it gets used and doesn't cost my sim any money) or obsessively playing an instrument, or mixing drinks obsessively (a vampire when I took her kitchen away.)  

I purchased all but 2 stuff packs recently...hundreds of dollars spent on this darn game, and this glitch is making it basically unplayable. At this point I was trying to do a legacy game, and I'm going to have to knock my female sim up with the husband quickly so I can kill him off and stop dealing with his obsessive cake making. I'll probably kill her off too cause she won't stop getting drinks from the fridge. The only time I get peace is when the stupid sims are at work or college classes. Fix this glitch EA! Should have been fixed before stupid packs like the Journey to Buttuie came out -- a pack I won't be buying. And frankly I won't be buying anything else of this game until this glitch gets fixed. 

Message 246 of 250 (3,388 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here - I've had all of these issues since Eco Lifestyle.  My Sims are constantly interrupting actions by making a cake, or playing with clay, or getting a glass of water, despite all autonomy turned off.

I've opted out of NAP and Off-The-Grid and my trashcans are filling up and unable to be emptied.

The game has been unplayable for me for 4 months now due to all the above bugs...

Message 247 of 250 (3,358 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

HOW is this STILL not fixed. Its been going on since June. Paying 40£ for a pack I can't actually experience the benefits from because it BROKE my game is unacceptable. More so is the fact its now October and its still not FIXED!

Message 248 of 250 (3,338 Views)

★★★ Novice

Even just a hacky workaround or something would be acceptable at this point, if it's going to take this long to patch.

From what I've heard, even uninstalling Eco Lifestyle doesn't stop most of these bugs.

Is there a way to revert to a previous patch version?

Message 249 of 250 (3,312 Views)

Hero

We spent some time tasting… I mean… monitoring yes, Sims’ behavior in regards to Cooking and Baking Cakes pretty much non stop. We managed to correct said behavior, but hopefully, we won’t lose access to the delicious goods.

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

So, they claim to have fixed this .. I checked on the broken stuck commodities and they do SEEM fixed in the short test I made so far. Even on existing Sims.

There's still cooking obsession probably but in these cases they are probably now more feedback than a bug.

• Active NAP in your hood
  • Roommates with the hidden cooking trait
  • Club Meetings.

If it's still really out of hand, please create a new thread. It's best if we have a thread for each of these.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 250 of 250 (30,710 Views)