Too Many Cakes

by mygamehaslostofb

Original Post

Re: Cake, Cake, and MORE CAKE!

★★ Expert

of course! this is just a quick way to fix pre-existing saves, for the time being. and you're welcome. credit goes to @crinrict for gathering resources, though. Standard smile

Message 221 of 250 (1,212 Views)

Sims won't stop baking cakes

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own and have installed every single expansion, game pack and stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think it has to do with the NAPs (especially Foodies unite) and maybe NPCs from other neighborhoods since I don't have Foodies unite active in Windenburg where my sims live. In the end I don't know what or who triggered it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims autonomously bake (white) cakes all the time.
What do you expect to see? No more cakes everywhere around the house. No more Father Winter practicing brewing herbal remedies in my kitchen and breaking my stove.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Problem occurred after playing with Eco Lifestyle -expansion for some time.

All the countertops, tables and even the floor is soon filled with white cakes and/or ingredients for the cake, as sims sometimes start making a new one right after taking the ingredients out of the fridge. They might engage in other activities frequently but then go back to baking even when they would need to fill basic needs. I have also noticed similar behavior with brewing herbal remedies, but it's easier to go unnoticed since they do it very briefly, just holding the pot on the stove or grill for a couple of seconds. Even the sims visiting the lot come to my kitchen and bake cakes or brew herbal remedies.

Message 222 of 250 (1,158 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

★ Apprentice

I think it might be time for me to uninstall the Sims 4 entirely.  I don't play Sims 4 with mods ever, sorry but I just don't and if I have to install a mod to fix a problem EA caused then I would rather just stop playing all-together.  EA please fix this issue I think I will literally pull my hair out if my sim bakes another stupid white cake!  I used to love playing the sims 4 but this Autonomy override is driving me bonkers!

Message 223 of 250 (1,106 Views)

★★ Novice

I finally had to uninstall Eco Lifestyle because I can't effing take the cake baking and the guitar playing and people stealing tables from my restaurant. My restaurant was literally losing money every shift because people would request a table and then immediately steal it as soon as they were brought to it! And then leave! EA y'all really need to get it together because Eco Lifestyle is UNPLAYABLE. 

Message 224 of 250 (1,001 Views)

Sims won't stop making white cake!

★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1. 30.54 2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In gameplay Sims will not stop baking white cake or sugar-free carob coconut cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims continuously bake white cake or sugar-free carob coconut cake and they decay all around the house.
What do you expect to see? Sims making other foods and not making them a million times over and leaving them on the counter to rot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sim won't stop baking many of the same things over and over again. 

Message 225 of 250 (949 Views)

Too Many Cakes

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? The latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except get to work parenthood realm of magic dine out and outdoor retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by playing the game with autonymy on
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims woln't stop making cake specificly white cake
What do you expect to see? They just will not stop making white cake
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch which was the one for nifty niting

They are constintly cooking white cakes!!!! they will not take care of there needs

Message 226 of 250 (911 Views)

Re: Sims won't stop baking cakes

★ Novice

I moved me sim into Sulani for a Legacy challenge so she didn’t have much but clay keeps spawning in her inventory sometimes she make like 6 appear in her after only a minute! Then we got some money and a kitchen! Now she won’t stop making white cakes and drinking milk! And she sometimes just stops after pulling out the cake ingredients so I have a bunch of cutting boards and bowls on my lot! What the heck is happening?

Message 227 of 250 (813 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Having this problem on console (PS4), it's pretty much unplayable right now. I'm spending more time cancelling actions and cleaning up ingredients than playing. For me it began with the Eco pack.
Message 228 of 250 (731 Views)

Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have any teen or older sim with a kitchen with autonomy on and no queued actions
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims autonomously start making food (usually white cake, sugar-free-low-car-carob cake, or yogurt parfait) and leave them unfinished on every surface, often when they have full hunger need
What do you expect to see? sims only making food autonomously when they are hungry
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been playing this save file the longest of any of my saves, never used any CC or Mods. The household I first noticed this issue with is on the 6th generation.

Message 229 of 250 (724 Views)

Re: Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Sims 4
Platform: PC
How often does the bug occur? Every save.  It doesn't seem to happen initially with new households until after I switch to another household as active.  But since I do this often, every family ends up bugged.
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.  Actually play the game?  It happens when I've told someone to do something and they randomly stop and do something else, most often make white cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? I always order my Sims to do things to increase their skills.  However, they're randomly stopping whatever they're doing and doing other things.  They seem to be obsessed with making white cake (guests, too, when I have them over, are insistent upon making white cake).  Sometimes they'll do other things instead, like play with clay (which somehow spawns in their inventory since I never give them clay) or play the violin.
What do you expect to see? Sims doing what I have told them to until I tell them to stop or unless a need gets very low.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It appeared after Eco Lifestyle

I can't really play Sims until this bug is resolved.  I have tried deleting the cache, etc. etc., all the things that EA tells you to try if you call them, but it doesn't help.  Any household I play will get to this point before long and I cannot play the game anymore.

Message 230 of 250 (680 Views)