Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

by coleslaw_1915

Original Post

Re: Sims autonomously begin preparing food when not hungry

★ Apprentice

I turned autonomy off to prevent this in the meantime. Even with autonomy off, my sims autonomosly begin preparing food.

Message 151 of 250 (919 Views)

Re: Sims autonomously begin preparing food when not hungry

Hero
@coleslaw_1915 merged your post. See first post for
more details

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 152 of 250 (906 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you. I have used a cheat to instantly repeal the Foodies Unite N.A.P. so hopefully the problem will be resolved for the time being.

Message 153 of 250 (887 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nope. Did not work. My sim stopped baking one cake to start baking another. Looks like I'm going to have to delete the fridge again.

Message 154 of 250 (881 Views)

★★ Novice

Having this same problem now. BUT, I didnt have the Foodie NAP active. My sim  is just autonomously making cake after cake.

MY SIM HAVE SEVEN CAKES ON HIS TABLE.

Message 155 of 250 (844 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay. Now my game is just being super glitchy. I deleted the fridge so no more random cakes, but random items are still showing up in my sims' inventories (so I guess I can sell it to get money back from all their pointless baking endeavors), and now my sims are changing clothes spontaneously. They really seem to favor swimsuits. All three household kids are now at school in their swimsuits.

Message 156 of 250 (800 Views)

★★★ Guide

Happens to me too. NO CC/mods, playing on Mac.

(OT: This issue, the issue with helping toddlers and the issues with gardening etc. are really making the game unplayable right now though are not game breaking. I'm really annoyed since I really like EL play :<)

Message 157 of 250 (773 Views)

★ Apprentice

When you say ANY neighborhood, do you mean any of the neighborhoods across all the worlds in the save game including ones in which the problematic Sim/household does not reside? I have all the expansion packs installed, it would be too much work to check each neighborhood individually to see if they have the Foodies Unite N.A.P. And that doesn't explain the random items (mostly lumps of clay) showing up in my Sim's inventories. I just moved one of my Sims into another neighborhood with her boyfriend, and now she is spontaneously baking cakes (starting, not finishing) in the new house, and she and her boyfriend both have random items showing up in their inventories.
The inventory problem is somewhat reminiscent of the "free earbuds" fiasco when Fitness Stuff was released. Hope EA fixes this one soon.

Message 158 of 250 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@coleslaw_1915 It seems voting occurs in any neighborhood you have Sims in that are in my households + all of Evergreen Harbor.

Thread for future cubes and clay is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Future-Cubes-Spawning-in-Inventories-after-switchi...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 159 of 250 (743 Views)

Sims cook new food instead of eating leftovers.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the Expansion and Game packs. Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Laundry Day, Moschino and Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have leftovers in the refrigerator when a sim is hungry.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will cook instead of eating the leftovers in the refrigerator.
What do you expect to see? My sim getting leftovers out of the refrigerator when hungry instead of cooking.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the Eco Lifestyle patch -June 4th or 5th - whenever it was.

Since the Eco Lifestyle patch, gameplay for me has been an annoying experience. I will probably report all the bugs individually once I have time for each. About 5 of them. But this particular bug happens when my sim is hungry. I have tons of leftovers in my refrigerator because my sims will cook or grill food and I put it there for them to eat later, but they won't eat it majority of the time but will instead queue up to start cooking. Sometimes I catch them and stop them before they cook. I know I can always turn off autonomy, but I like having my sims having autonomy. I was trying to search the forum for someone with the same issue but maybe I didn't use the correct words in my search. Also, none of the food in the refrigerator has an expiration time.

Message 160 of 250 (730 Views)