Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

by DantesPop

Original Post

★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, it's very annoying!!! Also the constant visitation to the lot, I was like geeeeez go away. So, I chose to click the option on the door to disallow "everyone" (Solicitors, neighbors, friends, vampires) and I just started placing my fridge in my inventory when I am having a function LOL. It works, but I really hope they fix this VERY soon. Do they play the game at all when they create a new pack???
Message 131 of 250 (1,172 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So I can confirm that this is not only the cause of the white cakes, but also the excessive water/juice drinking from children. If Foodies Unite is active anywhere it causes all sims to obsess with White Cake and drinking. The children, with autonomy off, will actually stop mid meal and get a glass of water/juice/milk from the fridge while I have them selected. Adults will stop anything they are doing to bake cake, if you have several in one household with one stove they just keep going to the fridge and starting it then waving because the stove is not available, rinse, repeat. As I mention in a bug report I submitted I cannot repeal NAPs, so I am stuck with the unplayable behavior making the entire game unplayable. If you cannot repeal the NAP and none of your SIMs will do anything you tell them to the only option is to delete the Eco expansion, which means losing the families I have been playing and the houses I spent many hours on.

Message 132 of 250 (1,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Mine are doing the same but no actions plans are active.  I wish they would fix it. I have a family where the mom and sister keep making cakes. 

@DantesPop How can I delete the eco expansion?

(merge post) - Atic 
Message 133 of 250 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You would need to uninstall it,.

Message 134 of 250 (1,027 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Don't bother, I just tried several things including cheat removing the NAP as well as uninstalling the Eco expansion. I also tried moving the family to a neighborhood that did not have the NAP. Once sims have this bug I cannot find a way to get rid of it. If I load an unplayed family they act normally, but that defeats the purpose for me as this is several generations deep at this point. I can find no way to get this behavior to stop. It is so bad that even with autonomy off the children stop eating to get something to drink. One of them had 3 grab a drink actions queued the instant he got home from school. Meanwhile the parents are just circling the fridge trying to make cake again. 

Message 135 of 250 (1,012 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just for further information on the issue with drinking water and baking obsession, after removing the NAP for foodies unite the behavior persists in every sim that existed at the time the NAP was enacted. Creating a new sim is the only way I have found to be able to play the game without constantly stopping any action to either bake a cake or drink water. Interestingly enough, even the sims in the magic realm are obsessed with these things, there are 7 white cakes and counting/cooking there, so it is not limited to that one location however I have not seen the constant drinking of water from sims at university. There are no stoves there, so they could not bake cake.

Message 136 of 250 (931 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any chances of getting a patch? I’m new to all of this. 

Message 137 of 250 (854 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Same issue with bar drinks. NPCs won't stop making them.
Message 138 of 250 (799 Views)

Re: White Cake Bug

★ Guide

I am also having an issue with this. One of my sims will just not stop baking white cakes. He leaves cuttingboards, bowls of batter and cakes everywhere. He does it even when he’s not hungry. 

Message 139 of 250 (692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same thing happened to me but my sim was playing on her computer and programming.

then i went back a few save and my sim was in and old house that had the N.A.P. plan 'fun loving community' and 'tech support'

they are about gaming and programming.

then I used the testingcheats on the mail box turn the N.A.P. plan off and she did not seem want to program or game.

I think if you sim used to be in a house with a N.A.P. plan it make them glitch

Message 140 of 250 (655 Views)